Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 2/10/2017: I'm fine with where it is. They are My Saves.

[Player] Save Games in Games

18 years ago
Note:
This feature was originally accepted on Jan 11 2006 7:33PM, but was subsequently demoted to "New" in The Feature Wishing Well Clean-out.

The acceptance comments were will add to that place
I don't know if this is a FWW or a bug?  It'd be easier to move the save games thing page to the Games page instead of the My Stuff section.  Just wondering if that is posible.

18 years ago

Good point. ... perhaps, the text comes up when you play a game in which you havea  save:

"YOU HAVE SAVED YOUR PROGRESS ON 05/02/2005 ... etc"

18 years ago

Mabey even a little blob in the yellow box in red ink saying "you have a SAVE."

SAVE would be a link to that saved game and that saved game only.

That would go along with the moved save game page above.

18 years ago
great idea havacoman!

18 years ago

Hmm ok, this is a good thing. I will put it in both places -- because someone might not remember all the saves they have.

18 years ago

Can you get this one done?

It's been here for 20+ days and it's just a little code changing and it might bring the site into .net more.

11 years ago

I'm for moving the "Saves" sub-button to the Storygames tab on the sidebar. It makes a lot more sense to have it there than under My Stuff.

11 years ago

A combo of Alex's and October's idea would be good. Have something like "Saved Games", with Random and Search (Personally I think the order should be - Saved Games - Search - Random), and then have your save be visible to you if you actually go to a story you have a saved game for.

11 years ago

This is a good idea. The navigation will change a bit, and this does make perfect sense to store under here instead of under "My Stuff" (which, in retrospect, is actually a pretty bad name!)

11 years ago

I love Alex's idea:

"Good point. ... perhaps, the text comes up when you play a game in which you havea  save:

"YOU HAVE SAVED YOUR PROGRESS ON 05/02/2005 ... etc""

11 years ago

That is a good idea. Seems like this particular FWW is kind of split -- we should have a place to list saves and they should pop-up on the story viewer. So, I'll split this out later. Perhaps the former is tied in with favorite games?