Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Terror on the 95th Floor

10 years ago

Hey, all.

I've just published a game, Terror on the 95th Floor. Please give it a run, and let me know what you think. I'm not asking you to love it, or even give it good reviews. I just want to know how the quality of my work stacks up to others, and if that means you give it a bad review, so be it.

Terror on the 95th Floor

10 years ago

Didn't know if you'd want us to reply here or there but here I go. Your story is lacking, and it makes me question the logic of how it starts. If there are gunmen shooting up the building that I'm on, and I'm on an upper floor, how would no one know that this was happening? Did these guys take the elevator and somehow were never seen? I know there guns aren't silenced if I can here them when I play dead.

Anyway, you need to include items into the story. I chose to bring the broom, and when prompted I decided to use the bleach that I didn't have. I even used a gun despite the fact that I chose to sneak past, thus never having acquired it. Simply putting, "(if you have it)" won't stop anyone from choosing the option anyway.

I honestly wanted to just bash the story :p. However, you seem to actually be looking to improve it so...yeah.

P.S.   Next time you are asking about something related to making your story, it belongs it Writing Workshop.

Terror on the 95th Floor

10 years ago

I get your point. I wasn't sure whether or not I should flesh out the reasoning for the gunmen being there. I decided against it, because I thought it would distract the player from the actual objective of getting out. 

I just finished this story today, after several more hours of tweaking, so I'm going to go to sleep and look at it again tomorrow. Thanks for the comments.