Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Story Idea's.

9 years ago

Hey guys, I am new to the forums but not to the website and have been playing games here for quite some time.

I have recently started to take interest in writing my own story and was wanting views from everyone on some idea's I had.

The first idea would be a story of a mythological god who creates his own empire and watches it grow, unknowingly to the citizens who think you are just a myth. This story would be long and offer lots of choices to change your surroundings and impact the life of everyone.

Second idea would be along the lines of nation building, where you control a nation on a planet and are tasked with gaining power and wealth to help your nation grow and become a superpower. 

My third idea is somewhat different. 

I have always had a love of zombie games, but I feel there is a lack of truly deep and disturbing, if not horrifying games in this genre. I have always wanted to create a game of this magnitude, which shows the initial outbreak of a zombie apocalypse and the horror of being there. 

I feel all of these idea's would be great stories if worked on for a while with an attention to detail, if anyone has any idea's and comments do not hesitate to let me know as this is why I am here. 

Story Idea's.

9 years ago

1. Black&White the storygame?

2. I think there was a Chinese game similar to that, it was simple but I'm sure you could do better if you tried.

3. Soo... A more localized version of World War Z? lol

The first one is obviously enticing but it would be hard to make depending on how involved your God(you?) is with the world and how much he can physically manipulate. But they are all good ideas.

Story Idea's.

9 years ago

Definitely not black and white lol, there would certainly be twists and unexpected events of course. While you would have the ability to interfere in your planets evolution, you would not be able to control peoples actions.

The nation game certainly would not be simple, would be fleshed out and expansive.

As for the zombie game, it would be a kind of cross over between Zombie Exodus and a few other zombie games, World War Z as a movie had a lot of good features but also things I don't think should be there lol. 

Story Idea's.

9 years ago

You read the WWZ as a book yet? That's what I was talking about, for one old people and children were not immune. lol

Story Idea's.

9 years ago

Nah I don't really read books at all lol, find it boring.