Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Anonymous Hacker Group

8 years ago

I recently found out about the group online. They're hacktivists that operate for the purpose of empowering and protecting the future of humanity. I think it's a strange coincidence that yesterday I saw a guy walking in town who was wearing an anonymous mask. Today I saw him waving a sign that said "Anonymous wants you to research our group and find out about us" and on the flip side "For peace, for protection" or something like that. As I passed him, I told him I thought anonymous was awesome.

Also, this old, deaf lady who was waiting to cross the street with me, half whispered in my ear that he must have been a "witch" or something. I told her that is was a hacktivist group, but I'm pretty sure she didn't hear me. Some people are just so superstitious.

Anonymous Hacker Group

8 years ago

Misguided anarchists, I feel they're more like.  At times, they do pretty meh hacks out of social justice, but other times they get real dicky and hack gov't databases and other sensitive databanks with people's livelihoods on full display for identity thieves to take.

That, and its agenda changes with whoever joins, which simply requires posting in their name, so without the clear-cut structure, they're just mostly a grey-hat's go-to list.

Anonymous Hacker Group

8 years ago

I don't really think any acts of anarchist terrorism actually help anyone. It's not going to change any already established institutions and then it just fucks with everyone else. It hasn't actually worked anytime throughout history; although it's something better to put your time into than drugs I guess.

Anonymous Hacker Group

8 years ago
It's a Guy Fawkes mask. Anonymous use it, certainly, but they do not own it and nor did they make it.

Anonymous Hacker Group

8 years ago

I feel like Guy Fawkes just represents anarchist terrorism in general though.