Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

YouTube is not a happy place.

8 years ago

Hey guys. How's it going?

So, a lot of YouTubers had been bringing this up. About Hollywood being a bunch of greedy assholes(nothing new there), about the abuse of unfair copyright laws, how channels like IHateEverything have been taken down for really sketchy and tedious reasons, how Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic) from Channel Awesome and many others have been having issues with the system in place and talking about #WTFU, as well as that fiasco with the FineBros channel's attempt to copyright the word 'react'. Personally, I'm pretty upset to see the Pokemon Reorchestrated channel being taking down just a few days ago due to YouTube's weird copyright policies.

There's definitely a lot more going on about this than what I myself have heard about, and I'm not going to pretend that I know how all of the legal concerns come into play, but its worrying all the same to see.

Here are a few links about it:

boogie2988 on FineBros and React World

IHateEverything on being deleted off of youtube

What the Hell YouTube? - Nostalgia Critic

Where's the Fair Use? - Nostalgia Critic

I know that it's been a long time since I've talked about anything on here, but I just wanted to spread the word and hear what everyone's opinion is on the issue.

8 years ago

Eh, the big guys will do what they will. I'm just gonna stay ~5 years behind in my gaming habits if I ever put it on youtube and be glad that the super mega "WE OWN EVERYTHING ETERNALLY" bill of death that was on Jimquisition a long time ago wasn't passed.

8 years ago

It just feels like things will get progressively worse if nothing is done, no matter what precautions are taken when putting up a video. :/

8 years ago

What can be done, really?

8 years ago

Shoot everyone involved obviously.

Really besides the Fine Bros. I didn’t hear about most of this stuff. The only Youtube drama I recently heard about were a couple of Minecraft pedos and some dude that pissed everyone off by faking a death in a prank or something.

Not sure why the last one is even a big deal, I’ve seen a lot of those prank vids and most of them are obviously staged.

8 years ago

Hahah, "shoot everyone involved, obviously."

8 years ago

Not much, I guess. There won't be any huge changes until more of the bigger YouTubers kick up a fuss about it.

8 years ago

Well to my knowledge, the gaming section hasn't been hit yet, aside from the YouTube Red crap and some other stuff that's messed with Nerd3 (I don't watch him personally, a friend just tells me what's going on). 

8 years ago

YouTube Red is complete and utter shit. Just looked up Nerd3's talk about it and it only reinforces my thoughts on it. 

8 years ago

How about using the jag-off PewDiePie for some Youtube Red pitch? Like anyone cares. Or, do you guys care? I may be out of touch, but that sounds like a terrible idea.

8 years ago

PewDiePie is successful to the point where he wouldn't be effected. He isn't someone that comes to mind for helping in this.

8 years ago

I watch channels like IHateEverything, h3h3productions, etc. too. YouTube has been spazzing out recently, and I've heard a lot of YouTubers suggest that YouTube should switch out its automated copyright infringement detection system for actual human beings who can manually review claims. A lot of my favorite YouTubers have had their videos taken down because (usually butthurt) individuals have flagged them for copyright infringement when the video fell under fair use. It's unnerving to see such large channels like the FineBros go after smaller channels, and win, when the smaller channels have done absolutely nothing wrong. YouTube is allowing monopolies to form and frankly, it's horrifying.