Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Need Editors, and writers!

7 years ago

I am going to be making a new story that is based on Star Wars. If any of you are a big fan contact me and we can work it out!

7 years ago

Ah, so the setting's already been well established, so now all you need are people to write the story, people to edit the story, someone to locate the right section of the forum for you, and you'll have something truly great to publish. Seems legit. I believe in you! 

7 years ago
i've got a bad feeling about this.

This isn't the section you're looking for.

Etc, etc etc. Best off writing something then asking for input and seeing if people want to coauthor with you, not point at a blank canvas with STAR WARS written at the top, and ask for people to fill in the niggling details (plot, first second and third act, characters, more specific setting. Niggling details)

Best of luck.

7 years ago

Yea ok, btw I meant to put Harry Potter on it and I've actually already gotten a plot and characters and stuff. But, I totally understand what you mean. Thank you for the help though!

7 years ago
That inspires even less confidence. Mashing stuff together can work if you focus on a very very small aspect of them. One of the bounty hunters Darth Vader recruits to hunt the rebels, and a mentioned student move into an apartment together, sort of scale (original characters have a few flaws in themselves, so best to use someone at least mentioned).

If you want Luke to go for smoothies with McGonogall and thwart Voldy's latest hijinx, then congrats, you've got a very specific vision, and don't need writers/editors, and you need to write quite well. After all, you are appropriating two well known, well loved chars for your own ends, and if you can't equal your audiences expectations, why would they read?

7 years ago

Thank you! :)

7 years ago
Strike 3, your response to feedback is lacklustre. Better then ragin, but not a lot of passion, conviction or emotion conveyed.

7 years ago

Look I understand your trying to help me and all but I I'm not gonna respond in a 3 paragraph response ok, so calm down because u don't like how I respond

7 years ago
Strike 4, you used you (and derivatives) twice in a sentence, but neither time properly. "You're trying to help" (it's a contraction of you are), "you", not u ('nuff said). You could rephrase it, to "Your feedback..."

It's little things like how you word a sentence that seem off, and disincline me and others to work with you. You might have a wonderful idea or two, but you need to demonstrate some sort of actual follow through, to be taken seriously. Plenty of half done collaborations litter the halls cause one person put in a fair effort, and the others didn't.

7 years ago

I don't have time for this right now, I need to go to school...

7 years ago

Ok, I understand now. Next time I'll check my paragraph before I send it.

7 years ago

You certainly need editors.

You should try proving that you can write before you try to enlist people to do all of the work for you.

7 years ago

I only need a editor for correcting mistakes and giving feedback. 

7 years ago
Well yeah, that's what editors do. You also said writers, which together would make the dynamic duo required to write a story.