Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Question about Items

7 years ago

Say I have three items: SWORD, MACE, and SPEAR. (First of all, I'm not even sure if you're allowed to have more than one item given to someone on a page lol, but I think you can). The player is only allowed to choose one of these weapons, and they cannot go back and choose another along with the other one they chose. How would you make it so that once you got one of the items, all of the others dissapear, and a link appears to go to the next page? I know I could just have three links and have each one lead to a page where the item is, but I would just like to see if this is possible.

Question about Items

7 years ago
You have three items: SWORD, MACE, and SPEAR!

Haha! That one never gets old!

For this one, the quickest and easiest way to do it that I like is to go ahead and make three links on the page for something like, "Pick sword," "Pack mace," etc. Each of those three links should go to the next (same) page. In the script for each link you can manually make the person pick up the item with $ITEMSTATE. If the sword is your first item, you can just set $ITEMSTATE1 := 1 and they will have the item.

Go here for more on scripting.

Question about Items

7 years ago

Thanks! Yeah, SWORD, MACE, and SPEAR was just an example. Seems too cliche in retrospect.