Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Horror in Progress

6 years ago

I just started a story, and I wanted to know what people think of it so far. I will continue working on it later as I know not much is done so far. As well, I'm not entirely sure that my link will work but I believe you can access the sneak preview from my profile! Please give me advice on how I should improve and/or continue. 

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/disbelief

Horror in Progress

6 years ago
Hi, just saw this thread.

I can't read over the whole thing right now but you're on the right track. Grammar etc. looks fine so that's refreshing. Personally I wouldn't start off with the old 'you wake up and suddenly remember' intro because that does get overused, and something as major as being locked up in an asylum isn't something you're going to even temporarily forget.

What's the goal here, to be released or escape, or is it more about emphasis on the horror elements?

Btw, I have a feeling you might enjoy the Sanitarium thread in the Creative Corner...

Horror in Progress

6 years ago

It's both about the horror elements and escaping, and thank you for taking the time to go through it and give me tips

Horror in Progress

6 years ago

Thanks for telling me about the Sanitarium thread, I love it so far!