Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New Member in need

4 years ago

Hi. I'm new here. I've been reading up on some of the guides I've found and trying to practice them, but I'm having trouble with the custom name guide. The editor doesn't seem to like the author's script for displaying the name that a player is supposed to be choosing, and I'm hoping to simplify it anyway by creating something like a global script that records the custom name once as some arbitrary value like "PLAYERNAME" that I can easily call in page scripting.

New Member in need

4 years ago
We don't have text variables here, so you're always going to have to use On Page Scripting with names or letters tied to the numbers. A global script isn't going to do anything different in that case, it's still the same information stored in the variables either way. Global is for something like, if you want to display the name or check the status of something on every single page. I can't test the script in the article right now but I don't remember having issues with it before. You may be better off just checking out the one for On Page Scripting though, it works exactly the same no matter what you're doing.

New Member in need

4 years ago
If you don't have a bit of experience with programming/scripting, I'd suggest avoiding this. It is an awful lot of work and I'm not sure letting the reader customize the name is worth it. Oh, you can try it, but please do realize, it's going to take quite a bit of effort!