Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

New Game coming out next week

one year ago
Not sure how many of you are gamers but if anyone's looking for a new CYS like game I would recommend giving Supermassive Games "The Quarry" a try (Comes out this June 10th)
https://quarrygame.2k.com/
I'm pretty excited for it since it has an interesting premise plus its coming from one of my favorite developers whose created amazing games like "Until Dawn" and "House of Ashes" (Which I recommend to anyone interested in these types of games as well)

one year ago

Played Until Dawn, hadn't heard of House of Ashes though. 

Didn't they make some horror game set on a yacht too?

one year ago
I think that one is "Man of Medan" never played it since I heard it wasn't very good

one year ago
Pretty sure they made Little Hope too, that game sucked. They definitely peaked with Until Dawn.

one year ago
Yeah I have played Man of Medan... pretty short. I watched all Until Dawn on twitch, and yeah it just come out, but it is a bit expensive, so I am probably gonna wait until discount are in place.

Ted Raimi is in it! Cannot wait to get my hand on the game :D (there is a big GB demo that is short, but it can give you the vibe of the game by playing the prologue)

one year ago
Almost finished my first playthrough of "The Quarry" and I can confidently say it has lived up to my expectations
The gameplay is pretty much the same as every other Supermassive game which isn't surprising given that seems to be their go to formula. The story is fun and interesting with lots of optional lore you can discover that helps explain the events and monsters. Speaking of the monsters Supermassive once again does a great job keeping a relatively simple monster design scary throughout an entire game. They also do a great job building/maintaining tension and a creepy atmosphere throughout. The graphics are quite good though supermassive still struggles a little bit with character expressions (Emma's mouth looks so weird) though they are definitely improving.
The characters are all mostly enjoyable (Two of the teenagers I suspect most people will dislike) the voice acting is also all top notch. This game also has a lot of branching and replayability (Ex. Different trail paths to go down, depending on who dies or lives the characters may react differently to situations and etc) which shows they were definitely telling the truth when they said it has over 100+ endings.
Overall if anyone is looking for a horror CYS like game to play I definitely suggest "The Quarry" however if you don't like gore (This is by far the bloodiest Supermassive game yet) then you should probably stay away.

one year ago

72% positive on steam. Hmmm.