Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Fallout TV Show

16 days ago

Well as much as I dislike going along with the unwashed masses, it was a cool show and I really didn’t find anything major wrong with it. Liked a lot of the various references, the general tone of the show, how it looked, just about everything.

Didn’t mind any of the characters though I was expecting Walton Goggins to knock it out of the park anyway since he’s been entertaining in just about everything he’s played in.

I particularly enjoyed the episode where the Ghoul is just a complete dick to Vault Girl. Pistol whipped her, used her as gulper bait, deliberately dehydrated her, marched her half barefoot through a rad zone, cut off her finger and then sold her to get her organs harvested.

I also like how in the first episode they hilariously establish that Vault Girl has fucked her cousin a few times.

I didn’t even mind the brotherhood guy though he’s not quite as interesting to watch as the other two, but then the BOS usually isn’t as interesting as other factions in the games.

As for the outrage about the NCR, well this probably isn’t a popular opinion for a lot of the fans of the older games, but I actually never cared for them when they popped up in Fallout 2. Maybe because it was California, I dunno.

I didn’t really hate them, I just never gave much of a shit about them (Though they were certainly better than the Legion) and I do believe that if the producers of the show really wanted the NCR out of the way for the series, they could have easily used shit that was already going on in the games with them rather than the convoluted way they actually did it.

Still, even with Shady Sands out of the way, I feel like it wouldn’t have completely collapsed. Maybe it hasn’t though there are still remnants of it.

I already knew the BOS were going to be in there. They do mention the Commonwealth very briefly, so I’m wondering if there were reinforcements or something to support the west coast since they were supposed to be on the brink of extinction by New Vegas. In this show they don’t even look like they’re in underground bunkers anymore and they’re just sort of shit in general, so I guess it’s at least an accurate representation of how far they’ve fallen.

And the Enclave, yeah sure bring them back again too I guess. The only thing with them is it is known they had an outpost in Chicago so they could still be around, but they would have to have severely less numbers than even the BOS.

It’s been suggested that since they’re supposed to be the direct successors of the old US government, they could have a lot more bases all over the US which is possible, but if true, they’ve been pretty fucking incompetent in mobilizing and getting their shit together to make America great again.

There was one big major plot hole with a character in not explaining how they were still alive for centuries, but going to chalk that up to cryogenic and guessing they’ll explain that at some point in the next season.

Which is already looking like its going to have New Vegas in it. Heard a lot of outrage about how new Vegas has been “erased” as well, but it’s clearly still there. I guess what “ending” happened in the game depends on if House is still alive in a stasis tube in the show.

Anyway, looking forward to season 2.

Fallout TV Show

13 days ago

Yeah this show rocked. I liked it way more than any of the Bethesda Fallouts, loved all the NV references.

It's interesting people are mad at the Mojave seemingly getting peckersmacked when the Vegas DLCs kind of imply that the Mojave is fucked because of the Tunnelers. Ulysses seems to think that it's only a matter of time before the Strip becomes a buffet for weird underground lizard guys 

Fallout TV Show

13 days ago

I dunno why so many people are getting mad about the Shady Sands thing even though Todd made it very clear a while ago that this show occurs after New Vegas, a game that often made a point about how the NCR was stretched thin and already on the verge of collapse.

Fallout TV Show

13 days ago
I loved it. I did hear a lot about New Vegas and really thought they did erase it so I'm ecstatic that next season will probably take place there.
I really enjoyed that Lucy's optimism was never her downfall. It was refreshing seeing a character rewarded for her hope.

Fallout TV Show

13 days ago

Her "Okey Dokeys" get sadder as the show goes on though.

Fallout TV Show

13 days ago
Personally I also loved the show. I kinda fall somewhere in between the two camps about NV and Shady Sands since it is either a plot hole or a retcon no matter how much Todd lies about it in interviews, but I personally just don't give a shit since Bethesda kinda made skull-fucking the continuity of Fallout their favorite past time between re-re-re-releasing Skyrim. Seeing both the BoS and Enclave does nothing for me really for the same reason, but the whole thing from a character and plot perspective was fun with Walter being the standout and Lucy a pleasant surprise.

Far as the one plot hole if you mean who I think you mean then I'm pretty sure it's not the same character, just two characters played by the same actor to tie it into the whole pre/post apocalypse plots they had going in parallel. I'll avoid explaining further to not spoil anything since it's still a fresh show.