Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Brainstorming help?

16 years ago
    I've decided to try and make a story game that is serious and hopefully somewhat popular. So far my idea is a fan fiction of my favorite anime/manga, Death Note. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's about a teenager who finds a mysterious notebook that has the power to kill whose name is written in it. For me it was an amazing storyline(mystery kinda thing with battle between 2 genius' the protagonist and another main character), and I don't think I'll trump it much, but i can still try. Anyone have any ideas for twists and turns in the storyline to make it more interesting? Any help would be appreciated and a possible co-authorship for the person with most experience/best ideas.

Thanks,
Seto101

Brainstorming help?

16 years ago
Definately interesting.  Will it be advanced or basic?

Brainstorming help?

16 years ago
There's actually a Mafia-style video game based on Death Note.  (neat, hmm?)

I enjoyed the L arc much more than the Near/Mello arc, personally.

I would have been happy with the series ending after L's death. . .

Did you hear there's a new manga coming out about L and Naomi investigating a serial killer?

Brainstorming help?

16 years ago
Actually I have heard about that "manga" with Naomi and L. I have the book in fact (not really manga, since it's a chapter book) It was about another child raised at Wammy's. B was his name and he was throughout the story trying to create an unsolvable serial killer case. Very interesting though it was short.

Brainstorming help?

16 years ago
I like Death Note. I've been watching a few episodes as non-cable telivision actually showed it, but they've axed it (it was late on a Saturday, but still). I'm saving up to buy it from this shop in the city I go to when I catch the train in with some friends - great shop and great show. I know the basic outline, though.

Will you be using the characters from the show in it? Or is it going to be made up characters?

Brainstorming help?

16 years ago
I personally have only read like the first book or so of the Death Note manga. My brother read the entire series, but I never got into it much because he said that the story is rather depressing throughout; and I'm not one for depressing stories. (cough, Evangelion, cough) Although I don't the story, good luck Seto (not Seth, lol). You should definitely take Seth's advice.

Brainstorming help?

16 years ago
Yeah in fact he is going to be a co-author in the story since I'm quite busy and it would take awhile to write completely. The story it self will not include characters from the series except L (and Watari but whatever). It will be in the advanced editor and will include some items and such.

Brainstorming help?

15 years ago
Gook luck to Seto/h!