Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Dead Frontier Fanfict. :D

11 years ago

I am WELL AWARE that there is another story on the site about dead frontier.  However, I am making a completely different story.  So, have fun while I finish this up.

11 years ago

ZOMG! Do you play DF?

11 years ago

LOL my account got deleted, but I made another one under the same old name: VinnyDime.

11 years ago

I am going to be open for ideas.  Note: while following most of dead frontier's story, please don't suggest something straying too far from the actual game itself.

11 years ago

How about instead of making a dead frontier story about the main city, how bout making a story about another city? It would be more easy to create new types of zombies instead of following the current dead frontier zombie type.

11 years ago

since we have so many people interested in writing about zombies. we could make an common work...

11 years ago

A colab?

I'm sorry but whenever that happens, a bossy guy comes over, and a horde of half-assed "authors" try to make a half star story.

I don't want that.

Sorry for being harsh there, it's just that we get so many stories not worth a person's time.

11 years ago

I disagree. A collaboration is not that bad of an idea as long as the people your working with actually helps out and if there isn't too many people working on the same story. Having 2-3 people working on a story might show some good result. *ME* :D

Anyway, ignoring that, so what do you think of the idea of your story taking place in another city beside the one in dead frontier? It could take place in the same universe and at the same time, you could experiment with different types of zombies not in the dead frontier game.

11 years ago

Lol I was thinking about the last guy who tried to do Dead Frontier.  But some other zombie stories are also pretty good, just not as dark as the one I want.

(About on par with death and drama as The Walking Dead.)

11 years ago

By dark, will there be cannibalism, sexual content, gore content and really dramatic event!? :D I can do that!

11 years ago

No cannibalism, that would be on par with Book of Eli.

Sexual content (not explicitly, but if you read the Walking Dead comics there would be drama about that.)

Gore? Are you asking for the basics of any zombie survival?

Really dramatic event? Outpost attack, and they're much harder than the Dead Frontier game.

11 years ago

Aw, why no cannibalism, with the resources depleting each passing day, someone's bound to head that way and by dramatic event, I actually meant as in a zombie mutates in the middle of something.

For example, I am fighting at an outpost attack when I witness the mutation of the zombie itself as it turns into a behemoth. Or something similar

11 years ago

You mean the Titan?  That's what they substituted the Behemoth for.

11 years ago

I'll go out of the Fairview environment, but I'll still be using the same characters as in Fairview.  Let's just say that Fairview was depleted of resources and everyone had to move on.  Most of the zombies not many people know in the first place, so I won't make new ones, at least, not now.

11 years ago

What about when the walking dead gang runs into that group of cannibals and they eat the infected guys leg?

11 years ago

Dead Frontier has zombies the size of a cargo truck.  I'm not sure anyone has the resources to be safe enough to lure people in and kill them.

11 years ago

Besides, Dead Frontier exists because although there are SOME safe zones, people go into the city for food.  Suddenly finding a too-good-to-be-true outpost is unlikely.

11 years ago

Good point, I forget that this is suppose to be a fan-fiction.