Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Need Help

11 years ago

Alrighty so I've been thinking and thinking but I'm also kinda lazy.  i am making a story set during the apocalypse with tons of natural disasters. Nobody knows what is causing a ton of disasters all of a sudden, rapidly increasing severity, looters, military governed governments popping up, etc. etc., all the works.  So I just need help writing it.  Please help!

Need Help

11 years ago

Start with something you can finish. After you finish that, you can decide how complicated your next task should be.

Need Help

11 years ago

I agree with Ugilick. 

If the problem is that you aren't writing it, then you should make yourself write something. I can't tell you how many years I went where stories were in my head, but I was too lazy to write them. Once I started to posting in the forums that I was doing a certain thing and felt like people were expecting it to be finished, I actually started finishing them. If you make yourself work on it, no matter how long it takes, I promise you'll be glad that you finished it.

If you are having writer's block I'd suggest maybe doing a little research on natural disasters, conspiracy theories therein, ect. Find one or two main causes that you'd like to use as the reason for the disasters and stick too it. Don't over do yourself ;)

Need Help

11 years ago

Write notes on your subject, then start your game, but do little projects or games as a diversion when you get writer's block. I'm still working on my first game here on the site (even though it's been almost 1 year & I have a number of other games already published) =)