Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Description

6 years ago

Hey. I am currently working on my first story game and I am around half way done with it. Going back I have yet to fill out the description. Could I get any tips for what to put in there? 

Thanks

Description

6 years ago
Perhaps a short explanation of what the story's about? (One might even call it a description.)

Description

6 years ago

Love the sarcasm. Thank you.

I'm a noob too, but I've read several stories here

6 years ago
Usually they briefly introduce the world, they give some insight into the maturity level of the story, and they might discuss aspects of playing the game itself, such as how many potential endings there are or the difficulty level.

Description

6 years ago
Another tip for the description: This is the first place a reader will read about your story. It appears on the main page for the story and what you write there often will determine if the reader actually reads your story or moves on to something else. Feel free to add teasers, suggestions, questions, or anything else that might entire the reader of your description to continue on and read your story. I have also added explanations, backstory, and any other background related to the writing of the story.