Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Expirmental Projects

6 years ago

I prefer to do experimental story games, not really the types that most see. I;m almost finished with my first game, and I can’t wait to start a new one! Any suggestions?

Expirmental Projects

6 years ago

Well, welcome to CYStia. I hope that your storygame was worked on with care and effort, and that it'll be a good addition to the site. I really suggest not publishing so soon after joining however. I'd make sure it was written to the best of your ability and is very branching and proof read. I'd be happy to look over it for you, before you decide to hit that publish button.

Expirmental Projects

6 years ago
I'd generally recommend against publishing something your first day here. That said, the concept behind your game looks interesting. I'd have to think about how I'd actually rate it however since the story is linear except for the very last page. If the choices offered before that at least slightly changed the text it'd feel more like a 'real' CYOA.

That said, experimenting around with the format can be fun, and your writing is evocative, as sparse as it is. So my main advice going forward is to go wild but be sure you know enough about telling a story to ensure it's always a good one first and foremost and that any experiments you try are there to enhance it rather than just being gimmicks for their own sake.

Expirmental Projects

6 years ago

This isn’t actually my first day, I’ve been on this website a while, I just keep forgetting my usernames and have about twenty accounts now...and thanks for the advice!

Expirmental Projects

6 years ago

Well these were the ones I found after some searching:

rebekahwrites, BuyGoldBye, BuyGoldBye2, EmberFlower

Expirmental Projects

6 years ago

Well only slightly freaked out by the fact that you could find that....thank you! Though rebekahwrites is not mine...

Expirmental Projects

6 years ago

Is it a friends? Because it's linked to the same IP as the others.

Expirmental Projects

6 years ago

It’s my sister most likely. What’s an IP? I’m dumb and don’t know anything...

Expirmental Projects

6 years ago

It's basically the address of your internet.

Expirmental Projects

6 years ago

Welp okay. Thanks for finding that...I guess...

Expirmental Projects

6 years ago
It means he has satellite photos of your home.

Expirmental Projects

6 years ago
Good luck.

Feel free to create different kinds of storygames. Most of the readers here prefer some choices in the stories they read. That doesn't mean you can't write other things, but just be aware that if your story is linear, people are going to complain about that.

Expirmental Projects

6 years ago
Keep trying