Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Help, please answer this question! Or don't ;)

5 years ago

Well hello there, my question is: Once you publish your story can you still edit it? You probably can right? I'm just trying to be sure... hehe. Sorry for the dumb question. Oh and have a good day!

5 years ago
Pretty sure the answer is no.

Only publish finished stories.

You can use the sneak preview option so that your story is accessible even if not published, and this can be used to share unfinished work or to get feedback on what you have etc.

Worth noting that stories can be unpublished, edited, and then republished, but this is bad because the story shows up under 'new storygames' only once. As such, using this should only be reserved for fixing mistakes that slipped past, unless you are doing something where you have a major path and will add more latter.

The main thing is to keep the published stories whole/self contained, since while possible to add additional content, generally it is not added after the first publishing.

So, I guess it depends on what you are hoping to accomplish by 'editing' the story, but to edit the work it does have to be unpublished.

5 years ago

Thank you Zake, for ending my questionable crusade (that I just happened to start today). You put in so much detail, more than I could ever imagine. I appreciate it. Once again here's another thank you. Have a fabulous day, or evening. :)

From a random person in the world,

5 years ago
Once published, you can only edit after unpublishing.

Or, if it is a quick and easy edit, an admin can do it for you without unpublishing, but the cost high - don't even ask EndMaster.

5 years ago

Thank you very much for helping a helpless child (that's me :) . Well, have a nice day! Wait, Hmm that penguin seems awfully familiar from nickelodeon? Hmm... I think it's fom a movie, but eh that reminds me I gotta finish watching apocalypse now. Thank you for replying BerkaZerka!

5 years ago
It's from Penguins of Madagascar, formerly from the Madagascar movies.

5 years ago
Cue Berka getting 50+ requests for minor edits to people's stories lol.