Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

I'm a little noob

4 years ago

Hi. I'm an old school text adventure junkie and Commodore 64 enthusiast/hobbyist programmer. Love this site! I'll write at least one adventure, maybe more if it turns out well. You can expect a few nods to some of the old text classics in what I come up with.

I'm a little noob

4 years ago
Welcome to the site! I look forward to reading your stories.

I'm a little noob

4 years ago
Welcome! I used to be really into old school IF, but then I got lazy. Still probably going to enter the IFComp with an ADRIFT game one day though, it's on my bucket list. It's mostly straightforward CYOAs here that are more story than game, but Tower of Rowena is a small puzzle game that emulates the old school IF feel, and we have a few others...a guy named Ogre11 has done a couple, and there's a game called Inepta Academy featured in the School category that has a lot similarities too. It's a style I'd definitely like to see someone experiment around with a bit more in the editor. (Someone who isn't lazy like me.) Also, since you're old you're probably browsing on PC like a sane person, so you may want to grab the Chrome or Firefox site extension that adds dark mode, searching by tags, and a lot of other features along with a general face lift for the site. You can always get the latest stable version in BradinDvorak's profile.

I'm a little noob

4 years ago
Welcome to the site! I do hope you enjoy your time here.