Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

The recent events

16 years ago

Hello to the MAG / CYS community!

After a brief discussion with alexp, we wanted to clarify some things about the site.

1. Banning is not something that we can do easily, is not something that is particularly effective, and will continue to be our last resort on this site.  At the same time, we take plagiarism seriously.  Any attempts to copy another person's work will lead to automatic deletion of the work in question, a loss of 100 points, and a firm scolding from march.  A second attempt will lead to the deletion of your account.  We would prefer to work things out with the community. 

2. We encourage everybody to read the "terms of use" under the "help and info" section.  Please know that any story published on this site becomes our shared intellectual property.  At the same time, know that we respect you all as a community of writers and readers, and would not want to do anything to jeapordize that relationship.  JJJ's stories were his own until he DELETED them.  They then moved to our "deleted games graveyard" where they were "re-animated" - that was a bug.  Because those games were featured they became the walking dead. 

STILL, even though I have manually unpublished each of those stories for the time being we very well may (in time) move some of those better stories to the Cysid account so that they're not simply lost to the world... that would be a shame.  Likewise, when (if) JJJ returns, they will be returned to his account 

If you have any questions about the terms of use or the rules of the site, don't hesitate to ask your friendly neighborhood admins or ask on this forum post.

march

The recent events

16 years ago

I should note that I noticed that the deletedgames were published, and allowed it to continue without action (I actually thought it was so cute I gave deletedgames my trophy!)

Alexp was the one that asked for the stories to be manually pulled - which I did.  This was perhaps my mistake, and I'll take the heat of the community for it.

march

The recent events

16 years ago
Ahh, you did your best within the confines of the coding system. Ultimate rights stay with the writer so it's all cool man.