Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

CYS v20120607 - Minor Update

11 years ago

There's no new features or bug fixes, but there the new forums are basically done. Please test and give your feedback/bugs/etc.

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums2

To rpely to this message, please navigate to the new link (above), then reply to this message using the new forums pages. And also view/reply to other messages too asyou would otherwise.

If all's good, then I can replace the old forums.

This is a test edit.

11 years ago

I can reply to this okay.

Edit: I can edit this okay.

Nice! Also, I love how edits get rejected if someone replies to your post before you hit save. As far as I can tell this version of the forums works fine.

Also, because there's no bar to change the font and I can't be bothered going into the source and writing in the font tags all the time, it looks like this is the end of using the Tahoma font for me. Which I actually don't mind. I only ever used Tahoma in the first place because when I first joined MAG I thought if I didn't change the font to Tahoma then my posts would show up in Arial (like how it shows up when you're typing your post) - hence I always changed the font to Tahoma. Once I realised the Arial in the RTE defaults to Verdana once you hit the post button, I figured I may as well keep going with Tahoma. I actually prefer the font Verdana but it was the OCD in me that got me to stick with Tahoma.

11 years ago

Orange

Door Hinge

This is going to be fun...

I have to agree with October, I like how you can't edit once a reply is made. I'm really excited for this new forum.

11 years ago

Moving posts is not a problem, but when I delete posts the following happens:

1. The sidebar changes to blue, regular size Verdana links (there's a screenshot of this in one of the old updates, I'll try and find it then edit it into this post. Edit: here is the screenshot.

2. After deleting a post, I am returned to the old forum view rather than the new forum view.

Also worth pointing out - you can't hit Save Changes while in Source mode. This isn't really a problem but worth noting.

11 years ago

Wait. You can edit posts now in this?

Whee. That's cool. Maybe I'm the only one who disables this function but having the rich text editor option off in my profile settings doesn't turn off the rich text editor... I think. I've always been using safari so RTE was never an option that worked for me...

11 years ago

Now I'm just testing some things and how editing works :P