Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Racing in the Rain: My Life As a Dog

8 years ago

Buy it. Read it.

It's so sad and very well written. Although, there are two versions: Children's and Adult. Both of them show a birth scene, but I think that the Children's has been modified to not show the......birth in detail.

8 years ago

... ? That would be the first time I've heard of any book having an adult and child version. I've seen a YA series made from adult series, but a single book ... ? Anyway, what's the plot?

8 years ago

It is about a dog and his life growing up with his owner, Dennis, and how he came to know him. Should I tell you all of it? I really want to.

8 years ago

Er... if you'd like, feel free.

8 years ago

@Kiel_Farren There's a number of adult books that also come in a children's version.  They're usually "uplifting" stories, things with an inspirational message that publishers think they can sell to parents whose hearts were touched by the original version, but who are also the kind of people who won't let their children read grown-up books.

Art of Racing In the Rain is told from the point of view of a dog who belongs to a race car driver; it's the dog's observations on human life.  If you're the sort of person who thinks "that which you manifest is before you" is timeless wisdom, you'll enjoy it.

8 years ago

"that which you manifest is before you"? ... If I'm interpreting that as it's intended, it sounds more like common sense.