Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Recommendations for any games with female protagon

3 years ago

Hello everybody,I've just found out about this site and I'm excited to read some stories ,but I find It kinda hard to get into them if the main character Is a guy,got any recommendations for interesting stories with female protagonists?(I'm open to all genres but I do have a soft spot for fantasy stories)

3 years ago

Suzy's Strange Saga

But also it might be nice to read things for merits other than what be in the protagonists legs

Think of it less as a self insert and more like role playing

3 years ago
Eyes on a Moon of Blindness is a recent sci fi story with a female protag, and I know Endmaster has a new one in the works. Suzy was already mentioned, but that one's better if you read enough of Endmaster's other stuff to get the references and Easter eggs imo.

There's also Price of Freedom, which lets you choose, although it's pretty irrelevant to anything.

If you download the site extension (link in my profile) you can search by the female protagonist tag, but as far as fantasy epics, there's only a couple people writing those and they just happen to mostly have written things with a guy as the POV. I admit I've never been able to quite understand the idea that half the human race is an impenetrable mystery that the other half can't feel empathy for....but just like any other story type here, if you feel like there aren't enough existing works that cover something you want to see more of, the best thing to do is sit down and write one yourself.

3 years ago
Oh duh, missed an obvious one: Aphrodite's Orphan. It's newish and featured in sci fi, should be easy to find.

Not gonna mess with links on mobile so you'll need to scavenger hunt for all of these.

3 years ago

Currently working on a fantasy story with at least 1 (potentially 3) female protagonists. Won't be done for awhile though.

Usually a tag will indicate a female protagonist on the front page, still working on the feature to search by tags at this time which would make things like this a whole lot easier.

3 years ago
And she never logged in again.