Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Looks like I can't weasel my way out of this

6 years ago
Still untitled. Roughly planned out the storyline, though I'm trash at planning so it's a miracle I even did that much. The 'Breathe life into the a Robin Hood tale' was the only prompt I had an immediate idea for, so I'm going with my gut and have enjoyed writing the measly 1500 beginning I've thrown together. Did some research, had a few ideas about magic, but not much so far.

Still untitled

6 years ago
Researched some more about Robin Hood and the general background it all. Ultimately trying to use some classic aspects so it's still the same setting and person, but changing the background of Robin Hood and pretty drastically changing his personality and outlook on life.

Don't know if I'll do any artwork for this one- don't have much time or access to many materials at the moment so maybe just for the front page, if that.

6 years ago
Seeing as the tales of Robin Hood are originally comprised of short ballads, writing a story alone (let alone a CYOA) could be seen as breathing life into the Robin Hood tales. However, I'm also changing around Robin Hood's personality quite a bit in most of my planned story, as well as inventing wholly new plots into which I'll mash the original characters.

More research on the varying Robin Hood tales, historical estimates of when and where the tales are set and significant events in that period, and antagonists from the ballads. Haven't touched scripting yet and, for once, I'm sticking to one main branch and fleshing that all out.

6 years ago
Should be interesting to see what you come up with. I briefly considered taking this prompt, but I always liked the classic Merry Adventures novel enough that I figured I wouldn't really enjoy changing it up dramatically.

6 years ago
Biting of more than I can chew.

6 years ago
Travelling a lot so can't write much.

6 years ago
Back in the UK now- been really busy so it looks like I'm going to have to cut down the story a fair amount. I'll see how much I can write though, haven't done anything for about a week.

6 years ago
I wanted to write in the choice for the reader to pick either being a fairly decent person kind of Robin Hood or a complete dick Robin Hood, and I obviously started writing the dick path because it's more interesting. It's kind of gotten a bit out of control and become longer than expected, so I might just have to abandon the good path. Oh well, I'm mainly just aiming not to end up in the SHAME hovel now anyway tbh; if I finish in time I might unpublish and write up the good path.