Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

DeadKin Year end Contest

4 years ago

I chose the prompt Frontier Contest throwback.

"A primary focus of the plot and or setting should involve exploring and or surviving the untamed wilderness be it Earth, a fantasy world, or some planet in a space opera. There's a lot of wiggle room here for different genres and ways to take this concept"

So far I have the base character and the potential for a partner or to go solo. I also have a rough idea of the planet and the dangers that roam or grow within.

DeadKin Year end Contest

4 years ago
Any progress?

DeadKin Year end Contest

4 years ago

Only a base design and the potential dangers within the wilderness, which I made kinda like the Amazon Rainforest. I haven't got as much done as I would like with finals going on but once I am finished with them wed. I should be able to pick up realitively quickly and finish within time. Also I think I am going to add Chris's favorite animal in, which will be a pouty animal. Just because he kicked me from the discord, lol.

DeadKin Year end Contest

4 years ago

Also I know I keep using the word base, but I just mean a better foundation for each part of the story.

DeadKin Year end Contest

4 years ago

I'll give another update Friday or Saturday night.

DeadKin Year end Contest

4 years ago

Alright so now the reader is beginning his trek through the forest and trying to search for someone. I have a couple scenarios for the reader to try and pass or you know die, but anyway. The story is getting there, slowly but surely.

DeadKin Year end Contest

4 years ago

Well I have many death choices, and am on the fourth different type of scenario I think. I lost count which I don't know if that is a bad thing or a good thing.

DeadKin Year end Contest

4 years ago
I was wondering about this one, glad you're still working on it.