Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Got the Plot! How Do I Start It?

4 years ago

So, I now decided on a storygame. It's about a llama who loses his birthday hat and his mother will whoop his ass if he doesn't find it.

I know what the plot will be, but how should I start it off?

4 years ago

That's kinda up to you to figure out.  If you're stuck staring at a blank page, you probably need to do a little more planning.  Grab a notebook and pencil and make a quick map of the different branches and major events of the story.  (I'm assuming you're making a storygame).  If you're just making a linear story, same idea, just without the branches.  Basically you're making a timeline.  Hope that helps!

4 years ago
Do you know where the hat is? How is that going to be incorporated into a choose-your-own-story? Is there only one way to find the hat? Does the reader of the story lose if they don't find the hat? How many different ways will there be to NOT find the hat? Does the llama wear glasses? Does the llama have a limp? What is the llama's favorite color? Where does the llama live? How old is the llama? Does the llama have any brothers or sisters? Where is the llama's mother? Does she work during the day? How long does the llama have to find the hat? Is there anyone else who might move the hat or hide it even when the llama finds it? Could the llama lose it again after it's been found? Where is the llama's dad? What is the llama's name?