Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

My first storygame

4 years ago

So my story is about a dude trapped on an island. I have a list of things he should be able to do but I need more Ideas. Can anyone help?

My first storygame

4 years ago
This is pretty vague. Can you post the first page at least? it'd give people something to base suggestions off of.

My first storygame

4 years ago

What I did was think of how many endings you want/ what those endings will be (like surviving, escaping, Going crazy, etc. ). Then work backwards from there. That way you know the destination you want the character to reach. It allows you to figure out ways to reach that destination instead reaching out into the dark and eventually say "yeah right here is a good ending". 

My first storygame

4 years ago
Yes this is a strategy I see suggested a lot, and a good one. If you at least know the endings you're aiming for, you can get by without a ton of planning or outlining, and you know your paths are at least always headed somewhere interesting.

My first storygame

4 years ago
@w0lfwrit3r56783

Before you do anything significant with that account, let me suggest that you make a new one and adipt a less cringe username? The current one is going make your life here more difficult, for a couple of reasons. (Or perhaps even end it abruptly....)

Any variation of 'WolfWriter' is free, as is the much less furry-aligned 'PlasmaCreep', just to get begin with.