Player Comments on Castle Conundrum

Congrats on your win! This one had my vote too, and I see I wasn't alone in enjoying it. You hit just the right balance in puzzle difficulty, and in between puzzle and plot, and that's something that was apparently difficult in the ten day limit you all had. Most of the other entries focused on one aspect to the exclusion of the other, but yours IMO came together as a complete game and the most solid and satisfying in both areas.

Even though the plot was extremely straightforward, the writing was solid and the viewpoint character had a good voice, and the game was just funny, and fun. Great puzzles too, though at this point that probably goes without saying.
-- mizal on 3/12/2016 9:40:55 AM with a score of 0
Well this was a fun puzzle game! In the end I didn’t mind that there was not much story as there was a clear purpose behind the protagonist’s journey and the riddles all made me think (I even had to table all the information down for the nurse one, props for that), but were still solvable on my own. The Monty Python reference was also quite funny, I knew what was going to happen right away but I still laughed at the ending.

I also think you had enough of the character in there that we could connect with their situation on some basic level. This game was pleasant and fun to play, but I can’t rate it higher than 5/8, as it is quite short and the plot is very basic. However I do think this is the best puzzle/riddle, not including my own entry.
-- Future on 3/5/2016 3:57:14 AM with a score of 0
+1 rating bump just for the hilarious shoutout to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

I had a lot of fun with the riddles, which were original, well-constructed, and really made me think. I do worry about the intelligence of the people in your fantasy setting though, if it took 9734 of them before someone could succeed, but then again, I suppose the lack of education and literacy might have worked against them!

All in all, the setting was very straightforward, but written with such sass and satire that I enjoyed reading through it all the same. The grammar and spelling was flawless and the scripting that went into the convoluted riddle answers worked smoothly. It was very linear, but then again, I didn't mind it in this set up - I only wish there were more riddles to keep the fun going.

All in all, fantastic work, and pretty much everything you could ask for from a riddle game.
-- the_quiller on 3/2/2016 4:44:49 PM with a score of 0
So hard
-- EmeraldMaster on 2/26/2020 3:17:42 PM with a score of 0
ooh boy that was fun. i had to get a piece of paper, but even then it was hard. we need more puzzles like this
-- GbyteM3 on 10/29/2019 8:11:35 PM with a score of 0
Wow, this story was amazing. I really enjoyed it and it was a great challenge for my brain. Thank you so much for this.

The story was difficult at times and I had to use a pencil and paper for this, but it really is worth your time. You really have to think about it very deeply, and it really helped me increase my brain knowledge. This game was absolutely splendid, and you are very clever with your riddles.

I liked how you don’t just have easy, one word riddles. You have to think and pick answers for more than one. It was positively amazing.

Thank you so much for this brain workout. I enjoyed it, very much.
-- Lily pad on 5/23/2019 6:54:26 PM with a score of 0
I got stuck on the atient one, litrally took me like 2 hours to solve, but i did it
-- OLivers2 on 2/28/2019 3:50:01 PM with a score of 0
This took a lot of clicks to get right, but believe me, it was worth it. The story was simple, but fit perfectly with the game. The nurses question left me tied up for a few days! This is a great intellectual puzzle, much more game than story.
-- chturh14 on 2/4/2019 4:55:13 PM with a score of 0
The game was very challenging, as it encouraged me to grab up a note pad and pencil to write useful information down. I especially loved the ending as I have seen and greatly loved Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail.
-- BeagleGamer66 on 1/30/2019 12:42:54 AM with a score of 0
The story makes sense- I like it when the main character has emotions, and this chronicled that completely. It's action and heart, and it's definitely better than my stories.The only thing not good is how the story started in a confusing way.
-- Anastasia on 1/21/2019 9:39:39 AM with a score of 0
Pretty fun! Lots of puzzles!
-- Red on 1/16/2019 2:31:03 PM with a score of 0
Awesome storygame, had me stumped for awhile..
Had to use pen and paper for the 5 patients puzzle
-- Shane_Summer on 7/3/2018 3:48:57 AM with a score of 0
I plan to use this with a class of upper elementary EFL students. It's just about the right level of challenge in the puzzles, the vocabulary, and the length. I'm guessing most groups will get through it in one class, working together to solve the puzzles. The only downside is that the Monty Python questions at the end will confuse them...but hopefully not throw them off! Thanks for the fun story!
-- DPL on 6/21/2018 1:39:40 AM with a score of 0
I picked up where I left off after 2 years at the patient puzzle, it was fun to solve but I don't remember anything about the story or first part of the game
-- jodithewitch on 5/11/2018 7:26:21 PM with a score of 0
The logic puzzle was simply incredible. It's actually not that difficult, it just requires a hell of a lot of clicking. Quite doable, however, and nice Monty Python reference at the end.
-- Saika on 9/22/2017 11:34:03 AM with a score of 0
Very fun to play through. Nice Python reference - loved it. ;)
-- EZunmaker on 3/19/2017 9:57:13 PM with a score of 0
Cute little puzzle game, Not too difficult, could have been a little longer, but nice none the less. Good use of humor. I didn't notice any major spelling errors. Grammar was almost perfect.
-- BigRonn77 on 9/30/2016 2:24:52 PM with a score of 0
Omg that took me sooo long to do the third task!!!
-- Ginnyweasleybooklove on 8/23/2016 12:18:47 PM with a score of 0
I liked the riddles, especially the logic puzzle, and I appreciate the effort that had to go into coding/scripting that.
-- kitkatkaity on 7/19/2016 1:22:29 PM with a score of 0
the story is dumb man sorry
-- omgitschowhall on 6/29/2016 10:16:26 PM with a score of 0
The third riddle was the one that took the longest to find out but its possible
-- alice7778 on 4/27/2016 5:00:07 PM with a score of 0
i died at question 3... im not good at those types of questions it was gr8 though
-- thebigE on 4/26/2016 7:14:59 PM with a score of 0
Gave it a 5. It would have earned a 6, but the ending (and final three puzzles) were really anti-climatic. Puzzles were engaging without being too hard or too obvious, and your use of scripting work well.
-- Killa_Robot on 3/12/2016 4:25:16 PM with a score of 0
This was fun. Definitely linear, but it works for this set-up.

My only real gripe is you have provided further evidence that writers cannot do math and have no sense of scale: in regards to the height - weight - age relationships of some of the characters.

Great contest entry though.
-- Bucky on 3/7/2016 6:52:14 PM with a score of 0
Omg! I loved your game. I did not need the walk-through and beat each puzzle on the first try, although I actually had to use a pen and paper for the nurse challenge. I couldn't believe you had that challenge! Logic puzzles are my absolute favorites!!! Thank you for that. Your story was well-written and absolutely fun, at least to me... I definitely recommend a play-through, if anyone is debating playing. I sincerely hope you possibly make it longer or a similar game after the contest.

The only thing I would change is to rearrange some of the answers in the logic puzzle. I noticed the 5 year old had the highest weight, lol. That's not actually feasible, is it? I would just make the statistics more realistic. That's really the only thing I would change, besides making it possibly longer. (Please, oh plz...lol)

Great game! I rated it 5/8. I would rate it higher, but it's too short. It only took me less than 20 minutes to beat. Will look for great things from you in the future! And thanks again for the logic puzzle! It was an unexpected treat. ;)
-- breezy134 on 3/3/2016 10:27:48 AM with a score of 0
8/8 automatically due to swallows. (Plus, I liked the game even without the awesome references. The riddles were challenging and the humor was grand. I just wish that it was longer.)
-- WouldntItBeNice on 3/3/2016 10:01:07 AM with a score of 0
Very hard puzzles during the middle
-- SillierWizard on 3/2/2016 11:57:28 AM with a score of 0
This had some good riddles, and some pretty funny parts.
-- Beardon87 on 3/1/2016 1:00:06 AM with a score of 0
Wait, why did I get a score of 0? :(
I feel so disappointed in myself. :3
-- CurseOfTime on 2/29/2016 8:18:13 PM with a score of 0
I win!
The walk-through is here, only use it if ya can't pass!
-- CurseOfTime on 2/29/2016 8:12:07 PM with a score of 0