WouldntItBeNice, The Reader
I've recently been able to get internet where I live again. Hopefully, my activity will go up. Anyway, I'm working on a rather large storygame right now.
Please rate my storygames, especially Solstice and No Quarter. Thank you.
PM me if you have any questions.
Steve is a time traveler, but he is not a superhero. He does not use his powers for battling evil or being evil. In fact, he does not even know what to do with his gloomy and crumbling life. Perhaps today things will be different. Perhaps today his present and future will be saved by... quite a special person.
Authors' Note: The endings depend on Steve's previous decisions. There is one special ending found half way through the game, one sad ending, two real endings that are found at the end, and the "true epilogue" that is the best ending. (The best ending has Stephanie in it in case you are wondering.)
This is a fan fiction of Led Zeppelin's song "No Quarter".
It is also an entry for the New Frontier Contest.
This is part of the School Based storygame contest.
This is Lawrence's final few days at Hawthorn School. Things become... memorable.
Thank you iavatus for being my beta-reader and At_Your_Throat for the cover art.
I fixed the scripting error. You can now receive 1,000 points by finding the ending shown to those who have the normally maximum score of 400. I also added your total score at the end of the game so that you don't have to post in order to see it.
This is the story of Ginny and Ethan's times at the carnival. As the years pass, can Ginny and Ethan's friendship continue or will their paths no longer intertwine? Will Ethan overcome his avid dislike of roller coasters?
Can their friendship bloom into something greater?
Okay, after viewing the comments, I too realized the massive error I had created in the original ending. Thank you Briar Rose, Bucky, and Steve24833 for you comments. I truly mean that. In fact, I burst out laughing (at my story) when I read the comments--especially Briar Roses'. Thank you.
Now, there are two endings. The first is the original (with a few minute changes), and the new one is much different from the other one. (They also wrote to each other because this story took place before the internet became widely public.)
You are a weary traveler in a mysterious land.
Recent PostsInteresting comments 2 on 4/21/2017 9:16:00 PM
EM, that is how you can have a perfect 8/8 story. Make it a thousand red words with a green background. Instead of using spaces between words, put a picture of a cat in there.
Chaos Contest Predictions/Polling Thread on 4/21/2017 3:29:12 PM
Poor Ford, he doesn't have a proper grasp of statistics nor, given enough time, an account named Ford.
Chaos Contest Predictions/Polling Thread on 4/21/2017 10:34:13 AM
Well, we've had one user fail in the contest already, but I'm suspecting a few submissions to start popping up. Before any of us see anything, I'd like to see what what people think'll happen. Who will win? Will Ford ever get his lazy arse to write a storygame? Other than Ford, will anybody else not submit anything? Will there be any surprises?
Since it would be rather rude to just ask questions, I'll give my two cents as well.
I don't see a clear front runner. My storygame has been plagued with too many re-writes, and the only user who I "feared", Malk, quit. If I had to make a bet, I'd say something different such as Cres (since Steve would be annoyed). Either that, or one of our more prolific writers will suddenly join and win.
Ford won't publish a storygame or at least one that survives the ratings. I'm guessing only 60% of us will submit a storygame in time.
As for surprises, there will be a late entry. I don't think there will be much more chaos after Temp kicked the bucket.
Anyway, what are your thoughts?
The passing of a member on 4/20/2017 8:17:05 PM
By the way, has he made another account yet? I'm only interested in this case because his lack of forward planning was highly entertaining.
The passing of a member on 4/20/2017 7:45:02 PM
That's why I didn't stupidly shorten my time to write a storygame or give myself the stipulation that I had to win. I'm rather fond of this account. Temp, you're an idiot who wasted a perfectly fine account on your betting habits.
Draw My Attention (Age of Apples) on 4/20/2017 3:52:47 PM
1. Recommending a comment for deletion for this storygame.
This one took a while but the end I got was worth it
-- TheRealJumble on 3/16/2017 9:55:56 AM with a score of 0
Reasoning: double post
Time is My Enemy on 4/19/2017 7:20:49 PM
Hey, at least your account was prophetic. :)
What Do You Guys Read? on 4/18/2017 9:48:11 AM
We could just do a site-wide contest where we find images that you'd want to use (and we'd put it descriptions). Or, you just just Google "
Steve demands attention! on 4/17/2017 10:40:50 AM
1. I don't fit into those terms too well for my country. I suppose I'm a socially conservative, environmentally and economically moderate, a isolationist/neo-con hybrid for foreign policy, and anti-establishmnet believer in federalism.
2. For myself, fetus = human. Thus, I believe abortion should be highly limited. Unless the mother's life is in danger (and/or if conception occurred due to rape or incest), I do not support abortion. I would also like it if abortion laws were up to the states and not the SCOTUS. Nonetheless, this doesn't mean I'm an arse to individuals who chose to have an abortion or support abortions.
3. 5. I would have no problem becoming a pilot if God said so (which I don't believe would ever happen). I would not fly the plane into any individuals or buildings as an act of terrorism however.
4. I believe people are not regulated to one single category. People are capable of choosing whatever they want to do when it comes to sexual stimulation. I am attracted to the opposite gender. I'm not an arse to homosexual individuals, and I have worked for several before.
5. People can change their bodies, for it is theirs to control. I do not believe it is the right thing to do. Then again, I'm also not fond of tattoos or piercing. I would be likely to have sex with anybody let alone Caitlyn Jenner. If I do, it would not be her due to age and differences in beliefs.
6. Do you believe Northern Ireland should join with the rest of Ireland, become independent of the UK, or keep the status quo.
7. I believe the current system in the United States is innefective. I believe increased border security, a pathway to legal status, and kicking out illegal immigrants who committed other and dangerous crimes are all good options to take. Being an arse to any type of immigrant due to their culture or legal status is wrong.
8. Well, the world hasn't been nuked yet, so that's rather nice. I suppose a 5. He hasn't done enough yet for me to form a lasting opinion, and I do not want to rush to judgment. I'm somewhat fond of his SCOTUS nominee, and I support his actions against Syria. Nonetheless, he and his cabinet appear to be disorganized.
9. Most Muslims are fine people in the same way I can speak of any religion. Professing adherence to a specific religion and actually do moral things do not necessarily have a correlation. I do not like many of the governments of nations that happen to be Muslim majority (such as Syria or Iran), but Jordan is one of my favorite countries in the world.
10. Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens, A New Hope, Rouge One, The Empire Strikes Back.
11. Israel, South Korea, USA, Ireland, Switzerland. Northern Ireland would be one the list if it was its own country.
12. I could go either way. There is no way I'd support any death penalty for anything that is some form of several murders, rape, espionage, or terrorism. I am fine with having the states decide on these requirements.
13. I want my arms to have the ability to bear arms if I so choose (though I do not). Automatic weapons need to be regulated. Training needs to occur for a conceal and carry permit, and it has no be when the person is over 18 to 21 depending on the state. People who are medically verified to be dangerous due to their mental state and felons should not have guns. Keep your hands off of shotguns, automatic-weapons, and pistols for the general population. Background checks are fine. Firing a gun into the air is dangerous especially when the individual in question is not looking up to see what is up there.
14. Quite frankly, I do not support euthanasia, but I believe it is up to the states to decide.
Chaos Contest on 4/13/2017 8:27:15 PM
Quitter. May shame eternally be upon you, oh capybara.