Not so Quiet on the Western Front

Player Rating3.69/8

"#549 overall, #16 for 2005"
based on 195 ratings since 07/13/2005
played 2,624 times (finished 241)

"walk in the park"

"So short yo' momma thought it was a recipe"

"need to be accompanied by an adult"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG.

Fairly serious game (be able to handle war and blood and gore, Actual pictures of the dead and injured). -Not So Quiet on the Western Front is a story based on the Western Front in World War 1. Able to Choose your nationality, and lots of other options...

P.S. Actual pictures of ww1 battles and casualties

Wow. What a dissapointment.

The ending was not justifiable at all. It was way to quick, and way too rushed.

Like I said on a different storygame, it is never okay if someone is able to write out your entire plot in points.

-Pick England or Germany/Prussia (I picked England although I doubt it really matters)
-Go to the church
-Go to the bar
-Go on the front lines
-Advance
-Hold your position, The End

The initial idea of this story is great. You play as a boy who wants to fight in World War I. It sounded fun. However, it was way too short, and like Madbrad2000 said below me, it actually did leave you staring at your screen. I was so surprised at how quick it was.

The writing was also another thing that ruined it. The writing had a lot of punctuational errors, like, for example, forgetting to put the quotation mark in the right place. Also, the detail was not here. It needed to be detailed so as to leave an image in the reader's head. But instead it is pretty blunt and badly written, using no adjectives or anything really to describe a specific scene. To me, it seems like the author wrote the story, and without proofreading it or even bothering to re-read it, uploaded it. There were many more ways to improve this work.

I personally think this should be taken off, 2/8.

P.S. The images don't work.
-- Fazz on 8/5/2014 3:42:21 AM with a score of 0
I like it. WWI is my one of my favorite things to learn about at this definitely did it justice.
-- Carter on 3/30/2021 7:42:26 PM with a score of 0
Images are broken so probably detracts a lot from what it once was, but even still the writing should be what carries the story.

Was a very short story so not a lot to go for it, the setting is something that I like and who doesn't love reading about archduke Ferdinand the G.O.A.T, getting assasinated again RIP.

Not a lot of description which I felt could have been a lot more added for what could have been at least one point higher in ratings but oh well.

Cant say much else for the story other than that, other than that there were some spelling errors every now and then that didn't detract to much.
-- Digit on 3/13/2021 1:34:47 AM with a score of 0
good
-- nb on 2/16/2021 2:02:52 AM with a score of 0
You held your position at the end, and that's it. Seriously, I would've liked a counteroffensive to end it off with, but that was not in the package. None the less, it was good overall, the writing was a good 6. I'd give this game a 5, it's not bad, but not's great either.
-- HispanicMemes on 12/26/2020 2:58:13 PM with a score of 0
This was pretty dull. You are presented with no real choices that make a difference. The story is too short to have anything of substance, needs more length, more characters, some semblance of emotion/depth, give me a reason to actually be fighting so I feel like we are working towards something good! more description please
-- lilyluna on 7/8/2019 12:21:41 AM with a score of 0
It was a very good story i would recomend it
-- Tanner Harn on 12/4/2018 11:17:01 AM with a score of 0
This was too short
-- Naruto031 on 4/14/2018 12:00:42 AM with a score of 0
too short without much of a plot nor a good ending... well it's too short to develop any sort of plot I guess.
-- KatsuDrako on 10/23/2017 12:07:50 PM with a score of 0