Player Comments on Secret Santa Story

This was far better then I was expecting. I can't believe I haven't written a comment for this yet.

I really liked the flow of this storygame, not just because of the clever rhyming, but the words just went well together and sounded smooth in my opinion, as if I were reading a poem from a professional author.

I didn't think it was too short, because I can understand that the plot you used sorta has a limit. I enjoyed finding all the endings and reading throth the multiple paths.

I didn't actually notice very much wrong with this, because it's creative, different, descriptive, fun, entertaining, etc.

I was a bit confused at some points as to what was going on, but overall, I found this to be quite incredible.

The plot and setting made it all the better, because the way you wrote gave me a very clear idea of what all this was like :D

6/8. Nice work!
-- MinnieKing on 3/19/2017 8:55:37 PM with a score of 0
Amazing, you did quite well in making this ballad quite entertaining. You also used the Advanced Editor in a pretty clever way, and while this was short, it wasn't linear.

I found it pretty cool that this ballad had multiple endings and not just one destination for the story to reach. This had a bit of everything that I usually enjoy from a CYOA ballad, rhymes, a interesting story, and multiple paths that the story/poem could take.

This was very enjoyable, so great job, Crescent.
-- TharaApples on 12/18/2016 4:55:04 PM with a score of 0
This was ok, something I wouldn't recommend to others
-- James on 5/13/2019 10:18:24 AM with a score of 0
The poetry in "Secret Santa Story" was not memorable, but nothing about it really struck me as awkward or hard to read. Somebody who enjoys poetry will likely either appreciate it more or be far more annoyed than I was, depending on how critical they are.

There were not really any meaningful choices until the last few pages. the one choice given before then did not affect the endings, but it did change the message given to the girl in the Christmas card, which does not make sense. Why should the Christmas card change based off something the writer of it was totally unaware of and unaffected by up until that point?

The story itself moved along fine. It's about a girl and her bully. The latter's choices basically lead to him either stopping the bullying or making her life hell. The reader will find it either cute or horribly cheesy, depending on whether they like stories like that.

It was an unmemorable but decent story, and congratulations to the author for managing it in a natural-sounding poem.
-- Cricket on 5/9/2019 4:25:48 PM with a score of 0
bad
-- Davefaster on 4/26/2019 10:06:15 AM with a score of 0
Can I have a bit more back story at first i though i was the bullied, but i guess I was a bully?
-- Zak on 2/12/2019 11:05:21 AM with a score of 0
Wow. Does she really have to give up like that. I mean really, shouldn't she fight back, stand up for herself. Something.
-- Francesca1986 on 10/4/2018 1:41:59 PM with a score of 0
Wow! This poem was good from the first word to the last!
-- MusicalNerd7 on 6/5/2018 8:44:27 AM with a score of 0
Beautifully done, I love how you had the two points of view, and the story had multiple endings, not just a single place the story had to end at. I also enjoyed the way the story was in poem form, and the "present" from the bully being an item was an interest idea. I am a little confused on how after a long time of bullying from this boy/man she just accepts his apology so readily, not being wary that it might be a trick.

Overall I really liked it and hope you do more like this!

-- ChaosBearer on 12/28/2017 9:18:25 PM with a score of 0
Good but a little to short for my taste probably because I picked to many of the nice links.
-- Noob_Master on 12/15/2017 12:59:06 PM with a score of 0
This was really beautiful, Crescent. I did a double-take when I saw what was really written on the Christmas card, especially towards the end. I like that you can control the POV of both characters, though I feel she shouldn't forgive him for doing what he did.
-- Saika on 11/28/2017 11:50:00 AM with a score of 0
I'll do you a favor and hand you a gift and say something nice... yes, so it's a wonderful thing to receive a gift from Santa! ;)
-- TestingJest on 10/9/2017 2:13:46 AM with a score of 0
oy, that got dark really fast. I liked it though, especially the rhyming. I can't write poetry for my life but you make it seem so effortless.
-- crazygurl on 6/5/2017 11:08:07 AM with a score of 0
:o This ending was even better. It's so sweet when you pick the right ones. <3 I still love the rhymes. A lot.
-- MelodyWolf on 4/30/2017 7:01:57 PM with a score of 0
That was awesome! I loved how you wrote it all in rhyme. I love rhyming. It's so sad... With the bully.. and... anyway, I like it. Really worth every cent!
-- MelodyWolf on 4/30/2017 6:57:38 PM with a score of 0
Honestly, the story was one of my favorites, and I loved the actual immense and tremendous impact that the choices made. One of my favorite stories of all time. You should definitely make a sequel to this, or at least something similar. 8/8
-- Snowflame on 1/7/2017 5:42:56 PM with a score of 0
Good enough, I guess, but definitely potential for a lot more than the 3 ending there are right now.
-- The Ghost on 1/6/2017 4:56:43 AM with a score of 0
I actually thought this was cute with the ending I got but I'm sure there is a worse one. Gonna go find it.
-- Boringchick123 on 12/30/2016 10:25:16 AM with a score of 0
Wow. This was impressive, and fulfilled my wish for a Christmas CYS. It was a great story, although it was definitely more story than game. Maybe a little linear, although it's forgivable because of the story and the clever rhyming.
-- Sharkworld78 on 12/23/2016 8:44:57 AM with a score of 0
very nice, a good ballad story for the modern age.
-- BigRonn77 on 12/21/2016 2:44:22 PM with a score of 0
Half of the time I wasn't able to choose between two options, only one. The story it self was pretty fun, and one I could relate with, but I would appreciate if there were more options.
-- EmberFowler on 12/20/2016 8:41:05 PM with a score of 0
I very much enjoyed it and it really shows how much your small actions can change someone's entire life.
-- Orange on 12/18/2016 8:03:22 PM with a score of 0