That One Dream Again

Player Rating4.71/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on 37 ratings since 11/12/2017
played 390 times (finished 44)

"run through the jungle"

"It keeps going and going"

"I'll need to see some identification"
Some material may be inappropriate for persons under age 16. If this were a movie, it would probably between PG-13 and R.

This funny game has only a few serious moments. It was supposed to be only about dreaming but I got carried away and now I can't really tell you exactly what this is about.

You have this reoccurring dream that makes you uncomfortable and you decide that it's finally time to do something about it. You're not sure about what your next move is going to be, but you've had enough.

Embark on this entertaining and kind of silly adventure filled with mystery, action, romance and other things!

And enjoy!

Wow, what a wild ride! That was quite an interesting story. I followed a few different paths, and I was surprised again and again by the directions in which this story took me. I liked how even the "cop-out" options I was provided with resulted in compelling endings.

As someone who places a lot of importance on dreams and often struggles to remember them myself, I sympathize with the protagonist's problem at the beginning. It's certainly a novel concept for a story, and it immediately gripped my attention.

I love this story's atmosphere! I really felt immersed reading it. Appropriately enough for a story about dreams, it felt like a dream. It's hard to describe why the writing is so effective, but it is. Maybe it's the interesting details, maybe it's the genuinely mystical setting, but it all comes together pretty well. Some folks may not like the meandering plot, but it only made me enjoy it more. It's certainly a one-of-a-kind experience.
-- Quincy on 11/24/2017 10:53:24 PM
In the beginning of the game, it was interesting and the writing was decent. It seemed as you were engrossed in the beginning, but in the end as Mizal had said, "it was a mess." I completely agree with his/her statement. It seemed like you had given up, and that you just wanted to get rid of this project.

I didn't that many grammatical mistakes, so you're fine. I wish that you had written more as it was somewhat short. Also, you should have developed the plot more, added more details, and yeah.

This game didn't really have me interested that much as it was somewhat boring, so try to write a good hook. This wasn't really hilarious, so work on that aspect, and yeah.

Otherwise, I liked this book and it was pretty good in general compared to others. For your future story-game, just work on the things I said above and you should be good. Also, try to stick to just ONE idea next time.

3/8.
-- DiniTheWizard on 11/19/2017 2:38:10 PM
I was wondering why this one was getting so little attention, and now that I've read it I can see the issue; it's hard to know what to say about this.

It started off as a strong effort by a new author and by the end it was just a mess. Leo, I'm disappointed. Seems like there were two separate ideas here, but you couldn't come up with a way to combine them so midway through you just dropped one completely and jumped into the other. And then you got bored with that too.

With a more deliberate approach to working out a coherent plot (and an end to the random author POV asides to the player, please...) I'm sure you have a lot of potential and I hope to eventually see more from you. You've got 'throw a bunch of random shit into a bowl' down, next time take it a couple steps further and blend it all together and bake a cake. Or maybe I'm just hungry.
-- mizal on 11/15/2017 8:25:44 PM
Interesting, if short.
-- llImperatorll on 12/27/2017 3:39:35 PM
Having read some of the other reviews, I decided I needed to play through this one a few times before I rated it. The first time I thought it had potential, but was too short. Then I played again and made some other choices, and suddenly it was a whole different game! I just had to pay more, and there's so many possibilities! Sometimes it's just about dreaming. Sometimes you start exploring alternate dimensions. You might secretly be a spy. You might marry the man or woman (or chicken person) of your dreams. It's crazy and fun and absolutely worth playing over and over again!
-- Glandros on 12/23/2017 5:09:09 AM
How did I lock myself out of my home without my keys? You would need the keys to lock the door.
-- Victim on 12/10/2017 5:15:45 AM
wow..... its very original
-- nightbreeze on 12/8/2017 11:46:06 PM
Not the longest, not the shortest. I don't think it is long enough to be rated at a seven for length. There weren't too many grammar and spelling mistakes that I remember.

This was a pretty interesting story and I hope you keep writing. Although if you want to get a good feel for story lengths read some of the top rated stories.
-- corgi213 on 11/13/2017 7:54:52 PM