Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 10/31/2008: oh, how i wish this was finished... PM me if you're interested in finishing this

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
If thatguy has truly left the site, can we finally add in the super ending OURSELVES? the thing has had that under construction sign since 2003 and is PUBLISHED! COME ON! the admins should unpublish this and make 5 people co-authors. Then, when it is finished, the admins can republish it.

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
From what I've seen - there are many worse games needing attention out there.  Should we do this for all of them?

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago

You're new, Darknuth.  Rommel is always having great ideas.  Lots and lots of ideas.  (Maybe not all of them are great- see some of his other suggestions and the subsequent forum posts.)

It's an interesting idea- taking over someone else's game in order to finish it.  But is it really fair?  If I left the site, and came back, even two or three years later, to find out someone hijacked my account and used my story ideas, I'd be pretty upset.

Also, how would we decide who got to finish the game?

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago

this also falls under the adopt a story idea thats already been accepted anyway. just, right now its for stories that have been deleted or abandonded (ie not finished.) however, the walmart game IS finished. it just doesnt have the extras. but extras are just that, a bonus if you have them, but not needed for the story.

nate

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago

I've noticed from my parusal-ing, that you sign your posts.  Can I call you Nate?

If so:

Nate

I agree with you.

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago

thank you for the agreeing. yes you can call me nate. others sometimes call me flesh, or fleshy. any of those work. lol im easy to get along with in that regard. also, yes i always sign my posts. atleast 98% of the time. we have located several where i didnt. mostly due to forgetting or being in a hurry or distracted. welcome to the site, and if you have any questions you can PM me from my profile. or you can just ask in the forums.

nate

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
Thanks!

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago

Ok, I DO have legitamate arguments:

1 - thatguy has left the site. forever.

2 - all games are technically property of Halogen Studios (terms)

3 - it is not finished; it says: you have found the key to the Uber ending, unfortunately this is still under construction

4 - it SHOULD be finished- it is a fantastic game

5 -  If we ask him, he may even give consent, if anyone here knows him

Also, Fleshy is right, I do come up with wacky ideas all the time. I'm a computer game designer/programmer. I need them or my inspiration fades... or maybe my strategy to get points is to fire off random thoughts to see what effect it has on impact... maybe both, i'll let you guys figure that out...

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
Oh, sorry. I didn't know that Thatguy left permanently.  (He's the author I assume)

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago

thatguy hasnt permanently left. no one knows whether he will come back. 3j once left "for good" and came back. fear and badger are still regulars. even mazeman has come back after a long absence. permanently means forever. and unless you can live, into the future, forever to see if he will ever come back, you dont know if he will or not. and i still disagree, the story IS complete. whether it says underconstruction or not is irrelevant. he was just adding bells and whistles, the structure is complete.

nate

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago

He has had the Uber Ending 'under construction' while still published since 2003. FOUR YEARS! If it was that minor, he would have finished it in a few weeks. The endings in Wal*Mart are not minor at all, as they all provide closure:

Here are the endings, worst to best.

Death Ending: You get shot by a terrorist. Easy

Surrender: You surrender to the terrorists during the introduction

Brown Stains: You sh*t your pants in the introduction

Sneak Out: You sneak out through a loading bay and never go back

Remote Car Bomb: The 'Normal' ending, you set off a bomb, blocking the terrorist's access to the hostages while they escape. You get no recognition at all.

Uber Ending: There is a page stating that the player has found the key to the Uber Ending, however it was never completed.

Seriously Fleshy, do a tally on who wants the ending finished.

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago

"If it was that minor, he would have finished it in a few weeks."

thats total speculation. and im well aware that people want it finished. but i want it finished by Thatguy, NO ONE ELSE. it was his story, if he wants to finish it, he knows where we are.

nate

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago

I disagree with you Rommel.  I think it would be better for us to work on our own games rather then spending time on other peoples.

Also, Welcome Darknuth.  I like your username.

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago

Dammit! You guys are crazy! Remember, the adopt a game feature has been accepted already. If thatguy has left the site this masterpiece is technically property of the admins, and we can even ask thatguy's consent if one of you guys know him.

Besides, an entire chapter missing is no small thing... Definatley does not qualify as finished...

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
Alexp is friends with Thatguy

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
So if we get permission from thatguy it can go ahead?

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
Not my decision...

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
bump

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago

bumping this, or any message in FW or B&P, successfully puts the thread at the END of the list of things to look at for alex. now its at the bottom of the list.

nate

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
Now you tell me... speaking of which, Alex won't know until he checks in, which is NOT very often. Some of the suggestions have been waiting months... I just think that it would be great for Wal*Mart's uber ending to be finished.

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
Dude.  Was that a dig at Alex?

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago

Hey, I'm just saying alexp doesn't check in often... March has practically taken over. Some of these requests have been waiting... and waiting...

http://myadventuregame.com/forums/message.aspx?MessageId=3247

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
Dont get me wrong but your stepping out into dangerous territory.

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
I'm pretty sure I saw alexp on just the other day

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
I haven't seen alex around for weeks, and then it was only for a short time. Seth, you're thinking of march.

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago

No, I'm not.  I know march has been on a lot recently updating the featured games. 

I'm not saying it was this week, and it wasn't for very long, but the Who is Online list included alexp within the last month.

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
Okay- I'm on right now and so is alexp, according to the list

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
Hmm. Maybe he just doesn't bother to do much FWW stuff then?

Wal*Mart uber ending

16 years ago
Maybe if you quit whining and started writing it wouldnt matter.