Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Organization

4 years ago

Is there such a way in the adv editor that  I could theoretically speaking organize a loooooooooooooooooooooooooot of pages, or will there titles just have to be comprehensive so that I have a basic understanding on where everything is?

Organization

4 years ago
This is what chapters are for.

Organization

4 years ago

yeah... I need something a bit more complex than that

Organization

4 years ago

Then explain what you want then, because you sound like chapters arr your best solution

Organization

4 years ago

...fine, something complex enough to be able to support time travel. Specifically city big time travel. As in 50k in a single route you could possibly take with minor variations thereupon before traveling back to do it all over again but with more options maybe and npc behavior affecected by your previous runs. Imagine something like undertale but wayyyyyyyyy bigger in scale.

Organization

4 years ago
That's what variables are for.

We've heard these kinds of fanciful noob musings many times before though. Groundbreaking epics are easier to post about than to write. Let's see you get a few smaller games under your belt first, and as a bonus that will do more to help you learn to organize and track your paths than anything.

Organization

4 years ago

it's a long term project though, I'm thinking it'd take somewhere around 7 years. 8 if you count the time needed for revisions proofreading betaing and the like. And it'd be more slice of life than epic, I really suck at writing action sequences. For now it' be more of a hobby I guess. Once it eventually starts taking shape I guess it'd make me happy. In the meantime though. I need to grab some shut eye. Laters mizal, White Rose out.