Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Remove underline when hovering over a link?

2 years ago

Can this be done? If so, would someone be kind enough to tell me how or set me on the path to figure it out?

Thanks.

2 years ago
Pretty sure it's related to li, but can't figure it out. I've tried replacing the color part with "visibility:hidden" but that just deletes the link whole.

2 years ago
Okay never mind. I think I figured this out (and probably shouldn't have made this thread since it took me all of five more minutes after struggling for a few hours). But for those who want to know how to do it, here is the work around I did:

Next to where it says a, a hover [color: #xxxxxx; , I put "opacity: 0.0;" (xxxxxx is my normal link color. I prefer black, so 000000). So, replacing the square brackets with the correct ones, it would look like this:

a, a:hover [color: #xxxxxx; opacity: 0.0;]

Unfortunately, this deletes every single link notification on the screen, including the back, reset, etc buttons on top. But, I fixed this problem by just using a variable and put IF VARIABLE = 1 THEN [insert all that stuff], ELSE IF VARIABLE = 0 [insert normal stuff with links].

This works for what I need, because it's just for a fancy title page. I don't want to have a background that matches the link color, so by removing everything, I get an invisible link which I'll use an image to direct the player to click on.