Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 8/19/2019: Going to call it Wishlist
This feature was completed 5/15/2021: Nah

[FORUMS] FWW Priority Sections

7 years ago

So, I think that a lot of really good ideas in the FWW get rejected because they're "not priorities," but i've seen quality ideas that would benefit the site rejected for this reason, and for this reason, I propose we remove the "accepted" section in the FWW, and add two more sections: "Priority" and "Non Priority." 

These two would both be the same as the accepted section, but ones in the "priority" section would be the main focus to implement, while the "non priority" section would be ideas that are good enough to implement, but just aren't a priority at the moment and so aren't being worked on right now.

I feel this would both help get more quality ideas and features on the site and organize the FWW a bit.

7 years ago

More organization is good, I guess. I second this notion.

7 years ago

This might actually be one of your ideas that might get accepted. Since making sections seem like a simple enough task, this will be easy to implement and organization is key.

7 years ago
Neat idea but I think the only thing that this would result in is a Wishing Well Purging like earlier. We only have one coder on this site, 3J, and he does it in his free time, which he rarely has much. Pretty sure if he says something is not a priority means that he won't do it for the next 5 years, if ever. Moreover, one can always re-suggest a wish after it has been rejected due to no priority. There are barely enough no priority features that warrent a separate tab, 3-4 at max. Even they are usually a no-priority becuase of a lot of difficult coding. The ultimate decision of adding something is of 3J's, he can reject something if he feels like, no matter how much we disagree. Putting a Priority list would put an unnecessary pressure on him. Atleast, that's what I think.