Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 11/4/2022: high effort, low gain

Set script/ restriction preference for storygames

3 years ago

Sometimes games have similar restrictions/ scripts that eat up a ton of time to set, perhaps there could be a preferred script/ choices for single storygames only?

3 years ago
... What?

3 years ago

Yeah, sorry if I was vague, this is what I meant:

If a storygame has many choices, and they all have many restrictions and variable changes, it is quite a hassle to change them one by one. Perhaps you can set a script/restriction saver, so that it would immediately be set to XXX at the start. just ignore me if this doesn't make sense.

3 years ago
You're combining restrictions and scripts which are two different things.

Scripts already have something called "Global Page/Global Link Scripts" which run each time a page / link is run.

What I think you really mean is the ability to make a template for restrictions/variable changes, which sounds like more effort than its worth. Really you'd be more likely to want to just copy an existing one over.

3 years ago

Gotcha, thanks!

3 years ago

Actually Pengi has a point. Would save me a lot of time if I could "DISABLE LINK #3" or so in the page script. Often my pagescripts have all the right IFs anyway and putting the same conditionals again into link restrictions is a bit of a hassle.