Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Need help with forbidden romance scene

8 years ago

I was never good at writing romance, and I admit it. I need some help with this:

Nothing graphic, two or three pages long romance scene between a rich married man/woman and his/her lover from a poorer class, with some words/sentences changing depending on character stats (they can be added later).

Only romance, with possibility of VERY subtly hinting at something else happening behind locked doors (no sounds, no smells, no visuals. Just subtle hints, if anything at all)

8 years ago

You could have chose literally ANY other plot and I would have been able to help you. And if you weren't so specific.

8 years ago

Explaining exactly I'm looking for seems like a good idea to avoid wasting the time of the person helping me.

But let's say i change the plot to fit your skills. What could the new plot be?

8 years ago

Ummmmmm....... Well I have been thinking on working on something but I'll give it to you because I never get it done.

8 years ago

But only if I get to co-author.

8 years ago

Sorry, I have been warned about adding coauthors I do not know personally, and I'm not looking for one, since they get total control over my story, and they can erase pages I want to keep.

8 years ago

Ok I'll give it to you..... but you better not shame my idea.

8 years ago

What idea? You did not explain any alternate plot.

8 years ago

Here it is. There's a teenage girl at a dance school. She wants to be like a normal teenager though. You know, go to parties, stay up late, and have a boyfriend (Did I mention the dance school is really strict?). If she can't have that then why can't she at least go to the competing dance school (They have less rules and boys).

8 years ago

I'm not done.

8 years ago

On the last day of summer vacation, she goes to the competing dance school's welcoming party to all the new recruits and returning members. There, she meets a boy and falls in love.(Cliche i know)

8 years ago

And you can do whatever you want with it for the rest.

8 years ago

Wow, four answers at once!

There are several reasons why that would not work in my story.

It is a fantasy adventure in a medieval setting, so teens acted and were treated differently.

There are no teens in my story.

Relationships in medieval times were different. I'm sure you didn't collect "ex boyfriends" then. Nor there were "dance contests".

And I'm sure then, teens were not breaking off every three days and getting together again, which I expect to be your next "great story"

Oh, and vampires were not sparkly, if you were about to add them to your idea.

8 years ago

You didn't seem to mention that.

8 years ago

Soooooooo........... Screw you!

8 years ago

No, I did not mention that, because based on what I said, I could easily adapt the scene to the fantasy setting after it was done. You are welcome, polite and intelligent teenager.

8 years ago

I'm not a teenager, idiot.

8 years ago

No, you're younger than that.

8 years ago

Oh, so now we're playing guess this person's age?

8 years ago

Well, you're certainly not an adult. And if you're not a teen...

8 years ago

What makes you say I'm not an adult?

8 years ago

Your style of typing, ignorance of a button directly next to the reply button, and your attitude/lack of original ideas that literally anyone could think of and wouldn't be something someone needed help with.

8 years ago

I could help you write those two/three pages - no coauthoring or anything - but I'd need to know more about the setting and the characters personalities, histories, interests, what they dislike, age, names, etc.

8 years ago

Of course. Let's talk it. I will sure add a thank you note in the game if you decide to go forward with this after I explain.