Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Armageddon/Post-Apoc game "After Cataclysm"

8 years ago

I've worked a very long time on this game, and I'm pretty attached to it, but I want some opinions on it. I don't want to waste time on a game no one will like! So, uh... here's the description and link to the first chapter. 

"Play as either Alex or Alexandria, an exiled soldier in the demon-infested outskirts of Old London. Your home, what was once Earth, is now torn by the War, a ravaging battle between Demons and Angels. You and every human thrown in the middle, neither side cares about what happens to mortals. They strive only to destroy each other, and the world in the process, if need be.

In your little adventure, you come across the reserved, shy half-demon Trax, the fearsome and honor bound angel Paladin, the sly, womanizing demon Alec, and a kind, proud angel by the name of Truth. Pursue friendship and romance with any companion, regardless of gender. "

And here's the URL. http://chooseyourstory.com/story/after-cataclysm-

8 years ago
Some good stuff there, I liked it. I didn't like the idea that no matter what choice I made, it always took me to the same place. I did like the characters and the story. There were a few different words spelled incorrectly here and there. Overall pretty impressive, I'd say.

8 years ago
Wow!  I only skimmed after the first few pages and realized how long it was.  I can hardly wait for you to complete it so that I can really dive in.  Great work so far!

8 years ago

I'm gonna be honest : your backstory needs work, explanation, buildup.  I know it's supposed to be saved for later, but people tend to lose place if they've got nothing to start off of.

Plenty of action, too, but not quite so much...rest.  Then again, this is a world built to work on action, so there's that.

Rest is pretty good.  Not too ambitious, from what I can see.  Nice pacing.