Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 12/11/2016: See comment

Advanced Items

7 years ago

I have some ideas for item I just felt like throwing out there. I personally don't use advanced editor very often, but I could try it.

1. Stackable items

I think that there should be some way to stack items together, just so that if there were a way to make a farm, you could just stack the items you earn and not have to deal with the long list that you might get.

2. Randomized items

If you, say, killed a monster in the story, you would need a randomizer for the items. Because if you got the items guaranteed, that would be boring. And I don't think anyone wants to have to create entirely new page and randomize the chance for you to get it just to get a "random" amount of items.

3. Rogue items

If this is already a thing. I'd look pretty stupid. If you use an item, there should be a chance that it'll work or not work, or that it'll do something you don't want it to do. That would be useful.

4. Locked Items

If there was a consequence f you picking up a certain item, or not being able to pick one up, then that would be a little more interesting. 

That's all I could think of. Please tell me if any of these already are possible, thank you.

Advanced Items

7 years ago
1) Not technically possible, but you can have 1 item to represent the item, then use a variable to store the number of that item the person has

2) Should be doable with scripting

3) Easily doable with scripting

4) Should be doable with scripting

This is particularly helpful for learning about how you can script with items:
http://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=66