Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Anyone Want To Be My Co-Author For This Story?

7 years ago

Alright so, I made a story about dragons. And I hope to use this world and make it an actual book with other characters. But anyway, there is a dragon planet called Bronosus. It is the planet of the dragons but you start off as a tamed dragon on Earth. There is a teleportation path between Earth and Bronosus and the humans haven't noticed it yet. The teleportation path is at a desert pyramid in ruins that humans have yet to discover, however the dragon magus (aka the magic users that have better magic than the magic dragons) Ruin put a protection that makes dragons the only ones to see it. But there are other teleportation paths the dragon magi has created. Though none of them have added the protection Ruin has made. Anyway, so you find the portal and travel to the forest of the dragon clans (a group of dragons is called a clan). You encounter a clan called Firelight who is desperate for more members and yeah.... You become a feral and then I could make more storygames about it...

7 years ago

Give us a sample of your work, so we can judge you.

EDIT: We're all Architects here. :3

7 years ago
Crescent is correct, you should show a piece of your work so a co-author has something to work with and knows that you're capable of pulling your own weight.

7 years ago

You patiently wait for your trainer to feed you. It had been a while since your trainer ever you took you outside the house but today was a lucky day. It was your trainer's birthday. You felt proud of your trainer however, your trainer wanted to keep you inside for today. 

Your trainer finally came in with cow meat. He threw the cow meat for you to catch but you ignored it. He hollered something you didn't really understand. You lay on an old mattress that wasn't even that comfortable but still it didn't really get to you. He snatched the meat and threw it at you again. You ignore it again. Why couldn't your owner stop throwing the meat? You weren't hungry were you?

Again and again he threw the meat at you continuously until he opened your jaw and threw the meat in there. Your trainer wore a grey shirt that hadn't been cleaned for weeks and baggy torn jeans. He had blue eyes that were as cool as the ocean. His hair was a sandy shade of yellow. He was a generally nice trainer however you hated him at times. And one of those times was now.

He sighed and shook his head disapprovingly. Your annoyed expression turned into a scowl. You were a mahogany dragon with a black diamond-like pattern from your body to the tail. Black curved horns came out from the back of your head. You had minty green eyes that glared at your trainer. The underside of your wings were a lighter shade of red than the mahogany color of the underside of your wings. 

(There you go)

7 years ago

@KingWario Your writing isn't bad. There's some irksome issues in your piece, though. You keep doing the "noun verb object. Noun verb object" thing. There's also a few grammar/flow issues. Um... I don't have time to co-author with you; I'm working on a few WIPs too.

7 years ago

I'd love to co-author with you, though my role in co-authoring would most likely be as an proofreader and editor than anything else.

7 years ago

Of course. I knew it'd be Seto. :3 So nice lol.

7 years ago

I'd be delighted to assist you in your writing if needed. I love dragons! yes ^~^ 

7 years ago

Not bad at all, but keep in mind that repetition has to be avoided. For example, you used the phrase "your trainer" five times in a paragraph with four sentences. Switch it up a bit and state his pronoun or maybe his name if possible. I also don't know how the trainer's appearance correlates with him forcing the reader to eat food. You talk about how he's forcing meat into your jaws one moment and then describing his clothes and general appearance in full detail the next. The same also occurs when explaining the protagonist's looks, switching from how he/she dislikes the trainer to, once again, illustrating his/her mien out of the blue. It's confusing and doesn't make sense.

Overall, didn't spot too many errors, and the writing seemed to flow well, so your writing ability isn't too shabby at all. I'm rather interested in becoming your coauthor, so I'll just keep track of this thread and see how your ideas develop. Good luck!