Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

are you interested in writing for a visual novel?

3 years ago

I am going to be developing another video game, and I want to offer the writing role to one of you. It is going to be a short visual novel with the intention of being released on steam. Only requirements is that the story cannot have any s*x scenes or any bloody death scenes, generally follow this guideline 'would you feel comfortable reading this story to your mom'. This is not a paying role, but if you want to see your writing on a quality game on the steam store this might be for you. 

This is a link to other games I have made as a developer

https://esteban-jauregui.itch.io/

3 years ago

Huh, looks like you've already had a little experience making things. At least that's better than the last few people who've come here with the idea to make a VN, I'll give you that. Though I have to ask, why ask about it here instead of simply telling your own story? Maybe it's just because writing is kinda my main hobby, but if I ever made any sort of video game, I'd want to have full control over my story instead of outsourcing it to someone I've never met on the internet. Not trying to judge, just kinda curious.

3 years ago

Yeah of course, As a game developer you have to know what your good at and what your not, Im not good at art, music or writing those are my Achilles heel. So I outsource those tasks to those who actually know what they are doing, this community is a community of writers and readers I don't think I could find a better community to offer this to. That's the way I think about it. At the end of this title im going to have a solid resume to get a job as a video game programmer and hopefully this also pads the resume of the writer who joins.

3 years ago
Do you have anything in mind for the plot or genre, or is it just anything without death and s*x goes?

3 years ago

Something more kid friendly to be more specific but I leave it wide open because I know writers like their creative freedom.

3 years ago
Most people here write fantasy or sci fi just so you know. Not sure if that's what you had in mind.

Normally I'd say it's poor etiquette to ask for free writing for a game you'll be selling, but if the game is not about the s*x and the collecting of anime waifus, I doubt many people are going to buy it anyway. VN audiences seem to have very specific things they want, and kid friendly adventures aren't it.

Might be a fun project though if anyone is interested.

3 years ago

Only requirements is that the story cannot have any s*x scenes or any bloody death scenes, generally follow this guideline 'would you feel comfortable reading this story to your mom'.

Based on this statement, Esteban is not very familiar with most CYStian mothers.

3 years ago

That's wild I still remember reading your Ground Zero and Eternal stories in high school made detention more fun. Still on the grind I see, I dont know what CYStian mothers is Im happy with my blissful ignorance though.

3 years ago
If you liked Eternal, he's working on a new story right now that has a path where you can play as Semra.