Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Combat?

2 years ago
I have a section in my game where you will have to fight enemies. So far I've made variables for Combat, Magic, Hit Points, and Agility, but the problem is I'm not sure how to turn that all into a fight on the page. I know the enemies will need variables for their own hit points and attacks, but what then?

Combat!

2 years ago
READ

(I even cleaned up all the weird formatting issues this old article had in it)

Personally, I would no longer recommend using Items (not to mention $PAGETEXT vs. On Page Scripting), but that's just me.

^ If this sentence has no meaning to you then SEE HERE.

Good Luck - you will need it with something this complex!

Combat?

2 years ago
The easiest way to handle something like this is probably a simple dice roll for each encounter, maybe with a failure taking away hit points but allowing you to move on. (So that death can only occur a string of failed encounters...however you want to handle that in the story itself.)

Keep in mind it's not terribly exciting for the reader to sit there with an enemy plinking away at each other's hit points by clicking a link, actual variation in the writing will be more appreciated.

I could show you an example of what I mean, but later. Message me tomorrow if I forget.

Combat?

2 years ago
I'll keep working at it...