Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 7/24/2005: on the list to do. good idea.

Game Player - Show My Stats (Variables)

18 years ago
Ok. I'm going to explain this the best I can. Many games have money as a varible. Well, instead of just showing %%MONEY%% on every screen like JFP, it would show in the players inventory like an item. There would be the title of the varible on top. Below it there is a picture. Below the picture is the amount on the varible. If you were to click on the picture it would show a desription. Of course this adds putting in another page. If you add it, the edit ability will apear on the varibles page. Right now it only says add new, delete, and renew. That's not much and needs another feature. That is were making the editor more fun to use.

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago
What about my idea? It is feasable and it dosen't take C++ programming to use the feature.

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago

Hmm ... it certainly is something to think about.

I'm iffy about combining Variables and Invetory Items -- I think that could confuse the Player because you can't Use a variable. But I see where you're going.

Right now, there is a checkbox the EDIT VARIABLE page that lets you dipslay the var on each page whiel the player plays it. We can expand this as follows.

- The EDIT VARIABLE page would get three more boxes: "Friendly Name", "Description", and "Icon"
- The "Icon" would probably not come from my pictures, but would be a list of maybe 10. This is because the icons need to be very small in size (15 pixels) -- a picture will not shrink that small
- On each page in the game, there would be a section under My Iventory called "MY STATS" or something:
      ____MY STATS___
        [ :-) ]    Health        33
        [ 8 ]     Strength      44
- As the player, if you moused over a variable, it would display the description. Only the Friendly Name is displayed to the player, not your name (like HITPOINTS). Friendly name has no naming restrictions and can be more than 10 chars.

Thoughts?

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago

this is what i was saying when i replied to your comment on the other thread, cyrptode demo.

I think this is a great idea.

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago
sounds great.  Mabey it should go under varibles because it is a varible feature.

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago

I've seen the editor.  It seems that the editor already has that feature.  In other works put the green check on it and say finished.

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago
Look above.  It has already happened!  Why is it still here after a week!

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago

Read my post above again -- we will be expanding on the existing feature by adding the MY STATS section that gives friendly names and little icons.

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago
Ok.  And what do you mean by 15 pixels?  15 by 15 or a way to total 15 pixels?

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago

You know the little buttons in the Editor?  Delete LinkOpen DestinationEdit RestrictionsEdit Item DropsVariable Changes 

Like that ... little icons that size next to variables (displayed to the player). So far I've gota a little gold coin, a + for health, I gotta make/get some more though.

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago
A bag is usable.  A clock is usable.  A gun and or bullet is usable.  One speacialized might be woodpile.

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago
I know this is kind of off subject.  You could add all those smiles to the varible thing.  Can you make those X, Stop, Bag, ect. items part of the smile system?

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago
whats this about??? <<feels like a newbie who doesnt know whats going on>>

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago

Well, you have been gone for a week so you are probably wondering what has been going on.  Now you could go to varibles and edit them.  Notice there is a lot more. One feature is the varible events and the ability to show them on every page.  You can also have it so that links drop items automatically.  Ask alex if he can show a link to the droppable items game he made in the test site.  For this thread Alex is going to update the game itself to have an area called My stats.  It will have a thing like this:

Picture - Varibles Name - Score

Clicking on Picture or Varibles Name will show a description of the varible.

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago

Thanks, yeah some of this information I am aware of but i did not know Alex was implementing these ideas right away.

Thanks,

solostrike

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago

Nto right away

Working on the WHOS ONLINE thing now.

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago

Oh really, thats great, isnt that something i recommended? Can't remember, by the way, will this Whos Online feature tell us when you are online? Also will it include x number of guests online as well?

Either way i am glad to hear this,

solostrike

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago
when i mean, you, i mean alex.

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago

Yep, just like that. It was suggested a number of times, but this is the "Feature Request" post that I'm working off of: http://www.myadventuregame.com/forums/message.asp?MessageId=948

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago
ok, like i said, sounds great!

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago

Wait a minute, i checked the editor and its the same as last week. Okay i am going to try to get it straight and tell me if i am wrong or right.

Alex is going to add the My Stats to the Inventory and variables are of certain amount, an item is dropped, furthermore, you have been making icons for these variables that will be displayed in the MyStats box.

This is what i have been reading off of previous posts in the forum.

solo

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago
?

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago

The only editor feature added last week (7-25) was ITEM DROPS, it's there, a picture of a little bag (or, so I tried to make it look like one) on each link.

You are correct about STATS.  See my post under http://www.myadventuregame.com/forums/message.asp?MessageId=935 for full details. Reply there with specific questions if you have them.

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago
no, no questions, everything looks good.

Varibles With Items?

18 years ago
You do know that link refreshes the page right.

Game Player - Show My Stats (Variables)

18 years ago