Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

New Magazine about us

17 years ago

Me and Flesh n Blood have been working on a magazine idea  for a while now and we have a enough completed  that we thought we can let the rest of you know. For the next week - we would like a paragraph from every member who wants to give us a paragraph. The rules are the usual - No swaring - No hating-think about the kids, also if you have something you want to advertise like ex ( Miccy 2000's friend has a band) let me know and I'll decide If we can squeeze it in the magazine. I need permission from whatever it is as well, I just can't throw stuff in the magazine. The  magazine will be in a 8.5 X 11 format folded in half so don't expect a Rollingstone showing up at your door.

The paragraphs can't be more than 6 lines long using MS Word at a 9 point font with a 1 inch border on each side. Paragraphs will be sent to me  in my mail box here. They can be whatever is on your mind that is appropriate (ex.  such as links to favorit sites etc. - no starting fights. You can give away your own game secrets but not other peoples. When the magzine is completed I will start asking for peoples adresses.  Thank you. 

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
Hey, sounds great!

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
this is a cool idea! when do you need the stuff sent in by?

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
I need the paragraphs by next Friday

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
not this friday but next friday

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
So who are the first interviewees?

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
I think you know more than anybody beside fleshnblood were trying to hunt them down some of them haven't been on the site for years, If you must know you can ask around.  I think you'd enjoy it if you waited though besides the contributions from the site the first issue is pretty much don and I think it'll be an enjoyable read.

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
Cool!

New Magazine about us

17 years ago

I love this idea. Band advertising? I'll ask first. However, if you don't mind a few ideas.

Game of the Month (or whenever often you make it)

Stuff other than MAG (eg. YouTube videos posted by members)

And of course competitions and events coming up, and it may even be possible to have competitions and stuff, exclusive to the magazine.

This idea really does sound awesome.

New Magazine about us

17 years ago

I'm all about You tube videos that are original content meaning created by members and thier friends.  This magazine will most likely come out four times a year so I'm going to stay away from best of  things-. No contest either unfortanatly - I'm going to lose a large sum of mone in shipping and printing = I would be interested in conversations in the forums that you think should be in the magazine - like nice convesations that aren't critical of any members.

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
That's great!  Do you think I'd be able to write a serial or something.  You know, a story that continues with a couple paragraphs an issue.  I've always kind of wanted to write one, but I never thought any real publication would carry it (except my local paper, in which no one would actually read it and I would be overcharged for printing it anyway...).

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
Those are cool.

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
If anybody thought I wasn't resonding Ive been answering Questions like Sir Langstons privately.

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
Solostrike instead of writing I don't have enought time  to write a paragraph you should of just wrote Hey I'm solostrike - I'm awesome play my game cryptode  or something along those lines  - people it's that easy.

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
What gives doesn't anybody wanna blurb in this magazine - read the the top I want some paragraphs people - you'll see your name in print - it'll be fun .

New Magazine about us

17 years ago

Can we just post a paragraph here?

riley

New Magazine about us

17 years ago

yes, ASAP!

nate

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
alright, i'll send you a message with my pragraph in it.

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
Hey, what's up, this is Darthvader_13, one of the many members on chooseyourstory.com. If you visit the site some storygames you should check out are Mommy, can I go out and kill tonight? by madglee, The Tower by JJJ-thebanisher, and Finals Week by March5th00. There are many other awesome storygames. Also play my new game that will hopefully be out next month: Dead End, which is a zombie story.

Riley, DarthVader_13

this is a great example of what we are looking for. keep up the good work and continue to add more things that may or may not have to do with the site. :)

nate

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
Fleshn blood  Do you have a bunch of pargraphs I have one stinking paragraph I'm basically ready to print  when I get the paragraphs?

New Magazine about us

17 years ago

nope, i just have the one from darth. i havent seen oct in a few days. sorry. is there any way we can put a filler in for the first episode and just let everyone see what the potential for it is?

nate

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
sorry, i cant get u any paragraphs for this episode, i had to put a lot of work on the back burner during my vacation and now its hitting me hard. I will be available for the 2nd most likely!

New Magazine about us

17 years ago

Hey Is it possible just to send the papragraphs to me, I was hoping people would read them in the magazine , and therefore it would be a surprise what the people said .  I left Darths' up to  show an example.  I'm giving people till Wednesday  to do paragraphs. If you want to write an add for somebody please do it . If you want to write a comic please do it. If you want to write a short story or a continuing story thats less than a page do it.   The wednesday deadline is because I only have four paragraphs,, and seriously thank you Flesh n Blood for helping out.

I just expected a lot more cooperation, if I have to pull teeth for issue two, I don't think the magazine will survive.  I'm sorry that this magazine is turning into a nag azine. I just want to have somthing fun for people to read

New Magazine about us

17 years ago

good point choco. and, my bad. however, SEND YOUR PARAGRAPHS TO CHOCO IN IM!!! lol

nate

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
maybe i should send a sneak peak of one of my games... like alittle bblurb

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
hey  i was just thinking, if this is gonna cost u alot of money, why not have the magazine online? just a thought, because i know it sort of skewers the idea of a mag, but its good for a last resort...

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
I'm curious as to the effect it'll have as far as if it remains in print, but thank you for the concern though. Issue two I was going to have it somewhat focus more outside the site and see if I can bring in some people from other sites. This magazine woud kind of be my way of giving the site some bonuses seeing that I can't program yet.

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
Rommel I got your Paragraph x7 I may have to cut cut it down quite a bit - it seems if you delete a post it deletes every reply after that. .  I didn't mean to delet your comment Fleshnblood.

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
Done.

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
OK choco, but JUST the descriptions.

New Magazine about us

17 years ago

Well that's it folks tonight I will go to the printers aka Kinkos/Fedex , and I'll be asking you to send your adresses soon - (not yet) Thanks for all thos who pitched in. I dread and look foward to the second issue.

New Magazine about us

17 years ago
This is great