Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Nectar in a Sieve

6 years ago

For my accountability class, I was required to read a book over the summer that is titled "Nectar in a Sieve". I thought it was an alright read, but it wasn't really something I'd choose on my own. I was wondering if anyone else has ever read it, and what they think about it. 

Nectar in a Sieve

6 years ago

This was the Academic Sports League Decathlon book when I was in 8th grade. I actually began reading it, but then quit because it wasn't the book us Pentathlon kids were supposed to read. xD

It's not something that I would pick out either, but it was interesting to me. I liked the narration, though it was more passive than what I usually read. The kindness of the husband (sorry if I don't know the names or the all characters) made me somewhat touched; I expected a harsher family. I also was pissed that her two oldest sisters got extravagant weddings or whatever, and she got hardly anything worthwhile. :/ Except her kind husband. :3

Sorry I can't give a deeper response; I haven't looked at the book (which I hardly read) in the first place for a couple years.

Nectar in a Sieve

6 years ago

The husband's name is Nathan, and he's not quite as great as he seems. Of course, he is nice in the beginning, but later on in the book he reveals to her that he had an affair shortly after their marriage and sired both of a village woman's sons, having the first one with her shortly before their marriage. He dies near the end, so I don't know how I feel about that.

Nectar in a Sieve

6 years ago

Well crap. XD Now I want to stab him to death. :/ Like, I've read little pieces of the middle of the book, and he still seemed quite supportive/nice. AHHH Whyyyy