Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Daily limits

3 years ago

I love CYS. 

In fact, I also love reviewing stories and also writing suggestions(yes, even though I am shit at writing)

So when I saw the trophy and its grand reward, I was overjoyed.(For the honor of CYS forum post by mizal, 2 different offers)

Then my spirits dampened when I saw I had about 1000 to review. I wondered if this was really possible.

"For CYStia!" I shouted, I hardened my resolves and started to set goals.

A daily goal of reviews and ratings to be made: 10.

Forum participation: once

Discord: at least see the messages if not able to participate.

Should I change this?

Daily limits

3 years ago
Even with the discord being slow lately, keeping up with all the messages isn't a worthy goal or even worth the sanity you'll lose.

Daily limits

3 years ago

oh of course... 

Sanity? What's that?

Daily limits

3 years ago
While your zeal and dedication are appreciated and will win you a place in Valhalla, just pointing out that the site just tracks ratings, not comments. Leaving feedback is awesome of course, but there may be better uses of your time than doing it on every tiny crappy thing an author that's long gone may have spent half an hour on six years ago.

We've cleaned up a lot of the dreck, but ratings inflation with some of the older stories is still a thing, and some wouldn't last 24 hours if they were published today.

Daily limits

3 years ago

ooooh...

I see... Still though, I love my penguin analogy, and will post it every once in a while:

As I like to say, a good storygame is a penguin...
It has bones, the structure, the plot.
It has flesh, it has descriptions, it has details, and also emotions.
It has a sleek outer skin, good looking writing, grammar, punctuation and spelling, fancy or grabbing start.
It has a brain, variables, items(if applicable, not all penguins need to be smart!), link restrictions, and perhaps score.
It has a mouth and a**hole, the capability to be changed, removing crappy parts and digesting suggestions and improvements.