Player Comments on Insane Asylum Part 2

There's some improvement here, but the issues that were present in the first, also seem to make a return into this as well.

Things such as the dialogue actually. When multiple characters were conversing it was somewhat awkward to read since it was literally bunched up into a single sentence.

Also, grammar and typos seemed to be in abundance in this storygame. I did try to give the benefit of the doubt to certain things, but the typos were rather noticeable in this unfortunately.

Now for the plot and setting itself, it was somewhat cliche with the whole mad scientist cruelly experimenting on patients. At times it felt like I was going through a retread over certain horror tropes, something that I usually don't mind if some attempt to spin certain things in a original way is made by the writer, and I didn't find many attempts to do just that in this storygame.

Ultimately, this left me with a sense of discontent when I was finished reading this. But even with all of the issues that may be in this, I still think there's some good things that were done.

For example, I liked how creepy the descriptions of certain characters were. If there's one thing that I must praise, it is the imagery that was present in some scenes.

If there is a part 3 to this series, I definitely wouldn't mind reading it. There's plenty of potential here and this would be a rather strong series if many issues with grammar, structure, and exposition were tightened up.
-- TharaApples on 1/18/2017 10:21:59 PM with a score of 0
After having played both games I have to say I liked the idea and story in general, but also it could be improved in many ways, such as making it a bit longer next time or even having made both into one game so that it wouldn't be 2 short games, improving some grammar, branching a little more and having added a chance to save Matt and give us some more time to grow attached to the characters and not just killing them off like it happened to Matt, good game anyways I hope to see part 3!
-- Michelle on 11/29/2011 6:13:27 PM with a score of 0
Enjoyable.
-- Quorrah on 9/17/2018 8:58:38 PM with a score of 0
Could use more details.
-- HeartFracture on 1/12/2018 9:43:59 AM with a score of 0
What I liked are the descriptions of the enemies in the game. There was some pretty nice imagery in there, good for a horror game.

However, everything was very lacking in general. There is only route through (technically speaking). There are 3 rooms near the end, and the only difference between them is they have a different enemy in them. You do exactly the same thing in every room and they all lead to the same outcome.
-- Saika on 4/12/2017 6:59:09 AM with a score of 0
this game is fuckled XD i love it
-- JAMES on 4/5/2017 10:39:24 AM with a score of 0
I think you made a big improvement on this one and added tons of more descriptions. I'm curious about who my character is though and I have to say I'm actually pretty impressed. This is sort of like a thriller/horror movie and you filled in more parts of the plot. I'll be keeping an eye out for part 3 of this game series.
-- hblovecraft on 1/8/2017 7:24:55 PM with a score of 0
The story is rich and the choices are awesome
Nothing whould make this better, not even items (that whould be a nice addition though)
Keep em comeing
I'll love to read them
-- Crazycraft316 on 10/19/2016 8:32:49 PM with a score of 0
All the same as before. I did notice you tried to be more descriptive so kudos on that.
-- BigRonn77 on 9/27/2016 12:38:26 PM with a score of 0
Not much better than the last one. While it seems like you're trying to make the story more interesting, the grammar and spelling are still pretty mediocre. Maybe run it through a grammar checker, it would make the game much more enjoyable.
-- insanebutvain on 9/3/2014 12:08:29 AM with a score of 0
(continued from Part 1...)

Okay, so I just played it and beat it. Pretty much everything I said from Part 1 applies here. The clicheness, the not-so-very-descriptive-ness, and then finally the plotholes. Because, seriously, who's Jacob? Matt's brother?

Make sure to revise with a dictionary as well. This one had more grammar mistakes than the last one.
-- Fazz on 7/26/2014 5:58:52 AM with a score of 0
so awsoeme!!!!
-- pie lord on 4/3/2014 9:03:49 PM with a score of 0
I didn't like that one as much as the first one, and there was some grammar errors, such as "2 knives" should've been "two knives" try and express your grammar to make it clearer, and I might've liked it more.
-- EarthCollision on 2/26/2014 2:57:35 PM with a score of 0
It's alright, I guess
-- HaruhiSuzumiya on 6/18/2013 4:31:47 AM with a score of 0
Again an interesting premise but with a few mistakes left in and while longer than 'part 1' its still very short.
-- FeanorOnForge on 4/5/2013 12:37:12 PM with a score of 0
WELL! This is much much better than the first, although the first did scare me a bit. I liked how this was a bit longer, but some constructive criticism, make your options have more effects to what happens in the future. I also wish there was a way Matt wouldn't die. Still though, I love these stories.
-- marsbark on 2/28/2013 7:19:21 PM with a score of 0
Not bad, I found the experiments really interesting. Would've been cool if the game had found out a bit more about them. What were they? Who were they before? Why is the doctor making them? Can they be helped? Stuff like that.
-- Briar_Rose on 1/8/2013 8:32:38 AM with a score of 0
pretty good
-- betaband on 5/24/2012 9:21:53 PM with a score of 0
More choices, and longer story please...
-- Asmoro on 4/18/2012 6:58:06 AM with a score of 0
Sad how his brother died in all
-- ZenUndead on 2/7/2012 2:23:31 PM with a score of 0
Random death, hard to follow, bad spelling, incorrect grammar, and way to short to be broken up into parts.
-- fergie14233 on 1/28/2012 11:08:04 AM with a score of 0
very good
-- DarkentityOni on 12/21/2011 6:04:27 PM with a score of 0
I really had no idea what was going on and your paragraphs weren't written correctly for dialogue. It was also too linear and short

You just got played
-- playa988 on 11/26/2011 12:37:23 AM with a score of 0
4/8
-- kalun on 11/19/2011 7:29:52 PM with a score of 0
Clearly, Matt was not "ok". Also, it would be better if this was all one game, that way the story could branch out more and be more awesome.
-- Tx_Metalhed on 11/12/2011 8:48:38 PM with a score of 0
Good story, but I recommend you spend more time on them.
-- Killer999 on 11/7/2011 1:06:46 PM with a score of 0
It was a nice game, don't get me wrong, it just didn't deserve the 8 rating it somehow had <-<
-- ThisisBo on 11/6/2011 8:52:04 PM with a score of 0