Crescentstar, The Dramatist
Last Update: 6/9/18
ToS List: Pineapplekitty, Rivertail, Virtualide
What am I doing with my life.
"Cres is almost as cool as me :3" - MinnieKing
"you're fucking golden." - Steve24833
This is my 2016 December Ballad Contest entry
Note: Any items are in the girl's inventory.
Also, this entry is quite short, but there are several endings.
Beware some of the things in here as they're quite... unfriendly.
Emperor Jianwen, or Zha Yunwen, fled the Ming Palace after his uncle rebelled against him. It is said that he left in disguise as a Buddhist monk and fled to Southeast China. The fate of the second Ming emperor is unknown.
Lai Chun was the creator of Eagle Claw Fantsi martial arts, and he passed his skills to his students. Tao Chiag learned this martial arts, and since its creation, it has been passed on. I'm not sure of the exact date of its creation, but it should be around the time of the early Ming Dynasty.
Fang Xiaoru was given the "extermination of ten degrees of kinship" for refusing to write an inaugural address for Zhu Di, the Yongle Emperor and third Ming emperor.
Admiral Zheng He, leader of the Chinese Treasure Fleet, may have been sent by the Ming emperor to find and capture Emperor Jianwen.
1) There is a secret path that involves romance.
2) A high SCORE can provide a secure ending. In the beginning, SCORE is obtained by making decisions considered correct and proper.
3) There is one normal ending, three special endings, one death ending (with several ways to reach it), and one secret ending.
1) I've combined some of the aspects of the new and old Ming palaces into one portrayed in the beginning of the story.
2) Money is in silver coins (often strung together).
3) Yunwen is the emperor's personal name. Jianwen is the name of his era of the reign's name, and he is referred to as the latter (or simply "Majesty") by his subordinates.
4) The poem on "Nightfall" page is a real poem by Wang Wei, a late Ming Dynasty female poet. I translated/interpreted it (with some help from a native Chinese speaker), and it was hard. I used this instead of a poem I made up because I felt that it'd be a better representation of Chinese poetry than anything I could conjure.
5) Real People: Zhu Yunwen (2nd Ming Emperor), Zhu Di (3rd Ming Emperor), Xiaominrang (2nd Ming Empress), Fang Xiaoru (2nd Emperor's Advisor), Lai Chun (creator Eagle Claw Fantsi martial arts), Tao Chiag (student of Lai Chun), Zhang Sanfeng (Creator of Taichi).
6) This is likely false, but I make Zhu Yunwen and Tao Chiag the same person; Tao Chiag is just his alias.
7) Journey to the West and Water Margin are both one of the Four Great Classical Novels of Chinese literature. The former was written in the Ming Dynasty, and the latter was set in the Song dynasty (prior to the Ming). I felt that they were suitable additions to the novel even though they were published after the time. Like Wang Wei's poem, I felt that these books are a better potrayal of Chinese culture than anything I could conjure.
8) The Fuzhou referred to in this storygame is NOT the one in Fujian, which is by the ocean and not a river. DAYS and MOVES are not applicable until you are in the city of Fuzhou.
9) Extermination of nine degrees of kinship was the most severe punishment, and Fang Xiaoru's punishment was the first that was "ten degrees". This meant killing him, his family, his extended family, children (there was often an age limit), cousins, etc. I believe ten kinships means ten families in his family tree.
A big thanks and hugs to Saika, Alekos, and MinnieKing for beta-reading my storygame! :D
And dealing with me, as usual.
To some, it's called the "Forgotten Holocaust of World War II". The atrocities committed in the Pacific theater of war during World War II are arguably the most inhumane and cruel acts done in all of human history.
Play as either Zhaoluo or Li, a pair of stepsisters, along with a touch of enemy perspective.
Endings: 3 Normal Epilogues, 2 Special Epilogue (an altered version of a normal epilogue due to at least one choice), 2 Normal Endings, 2 Death Endings.
1. I do not intend to discriminate against any group; I think that all types of people can be very nice and kind, and I'm writing in both sides' possible perspectives, so keep that in mind. Also keep in mind that the Japanese and Chinese had always had tensions between them, and their bias against the other can be very strong.
2. I've taken some creative liberties with the story, which include making up appearances for real people/characters and the lack of police officers and guards in the camp the protagonist resides in. It is historical fiction after all. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that some of the swear words I used don't really exist in Chinese, but my knowledge in that area is not too good.
3. Information found are on various sources listed at the end of the main path (the most boring path, of course).
4. Although much of it is optional, and because I can't write such things very well, there will be mentions and mild descriptions of violence, gore, rape/forced incest, decapitation/removal of body parts, and other dark subjects. Viewer discretion advised.
5. Update (1): Thanks you, StrykerL, for the critique. I've incorporated most of the tips. Future Updates (?): Extended paths, Hidesada Path.
Thanks to TharaApples for beta-reading. :D Also, I'd like to also mention Orange and MinnieKing for (keeping me entertained and) helping each other procrastinate during our time with all this: *gestures wildly*. Of course, for also shoving each other toward the finish line (he he). Oh, and Steve24833: Thanks for a few informational pointers and stuff. Thanks to the people who've given writing advice to me in my time here because they were very helpful.
If you notice anything wrong, incorrect, or otherwise... odd, please let me know! ^-^
Kyra Ross is a 15-year old commoner in a post-nuclear-devastation world where mutants (also called dark forces) are the main enemy to humanity. They are fought back with, what is in short, magic.
The enemy isn't these mutants however; the enemy is very human. And what happens when you're tangled up with a few boys that are very, very charming? What happens to you when your parents don't care about your mental well-being? What happens when your only noble friends are involved in a family war between each other?
What happens when you're a commoner stuck in a pit of nobles?
There isn't any "bad" stuff—nothing explicit or involving the murder of human beans. Unless you count itsy-bitsy descriptions of kisses.
I rushed the ending of my entry due to the deadline for the School-Based Contest, and I will edit it all (add more story and epilogues and do even more proofreading) after the contest.
Hope you like it! ^-^
Recent PostsBZ's Creatures of the Night Contest! on 10/16/2018 7:46:03 AM
Thank you. I wouldn't mind if you beat me haha.
BZ's Creatures of the Night Contest! on 10/15/2018 9:14:57 AM
Not expecting to win, but it's an interesting topic. Hi again everyone.
Glorious Sleep on 2/27/2018 11:34:42 AM
Well, I don't want to kill my brain. I thought teens need at least 7 hours! D:
Glorious Sleep on 2/27/2018 11:29:42 AM
One of my friends has trouble sleeping. She got medication for it, I think.
Glorious Sleep on 2/27/2018 10:54:55 AM
Holy... How do so many people get less than 7 hours and function?!
My sleep time varies from 10:00-11:30 PM on school nights. On weekdays, I wake at 6:30 AM for school. On weekends, I wake between 8:00 and 10:00 AM and sleep at 11:00 PM-12:00 AM.
Basically, I get around 7.5 hours on weekdays and 9.5 on weekends. Friday and Sunday are iffy since I may sleep/wake earlier/later. I need my sleep. T_T
I used to get 6 hours of sleep on average, but I felt like shit when I woke up, so I decided to change my sleep habits and stop staying up reading until 2 AM. This has drastically affected the amount of reading I get done, unfortunately. :(
Crescentstar's General Motivation Thread on 2/8/2018 9:08:34 PM
I've been struggling with this newstoryitis for a while. Half of those storygames I've had for a year or so. I don't think I'll be making any new storygames since I plan on being very inactive next school year. I will undoubtedly not finish at least three of those listed. If anything, I want to for sure finish Secret Winter Story, Nostalgic Memories, and Temple of the Fae.
Crescentstar's General Motivation Thread on 2/8/2018 8:20:15 PM
Since we seem to be making these lately...
I need to actually finish these stories before I give up on all of my CYS stories. I have been having horrifying feelings of not writing anymore, so I need a kick in the ass after this and next week's busy schedule to actually get moving with writing and stuff.
There are a few stories I have on my check list. I plan to finish these story ideas before starting any new ones (ABC order): Warning: A Fuzzleload of Stuff
Bai Qiu Lian - This will probably be the last Chinese themed storygame I write here. It's based on a Chinese ghost/spirit story from Liao Zhai Zhi Yi, so basically, it's a fanfiction. I need a refresh on what actually happens in the story though since I haven't seen or read the story in a while. I plan for this to be a very simple this-or-that branched storygame. Idea Phase
Diminished - This will probably be the only vampire storygame I write here since cringe. I got this storygame idea from a very strange dream I had. I don't know what I can make from this, but I'm thinking something AppDude's MyVacation style. Of course, I could never make a storygame to such an amazing extent, so Diminished might end up being made in a simpler format. Idea Phase
Gunslingin' Girl - No, has nothing to do with the anime. This is sci-fi I think, and it's like... idk. I got the idea from Cowboy Bebop except it's not really that. It's more of the typical YA story. Idea Phase
Incorruptible - Not really in the mood for this research-heavy project this year. It's set in the French Revolution, and I accidentally lost what little but vital research I had. Researching
Love Notes - I keep telling myself that I will finish this romance-puzzle game. I just don't. I started this such a long time ago, and I don't know what I'm going to be doing with this still. A girl is trapped in a house and shit. Idk. Sorta Writing
Marry Me, Love - I know, cringe. But it'll be okay. I promise. This is a bittersweet non-romance storygame. It's more of dealing with heartbreak with friendship. Idea Phase
Nostalgic Memories - This is something that Shadow and I had decided to write such a long, long time ago. I think I'm going to finish it on my own now though. It's about friendship. :3 Sorta Writing
Powerless - Remember how I said Bai Qiu Lian was probably gonna be the last Chinese themed storygame I'd write here? I might have lied. This one might be another. It's about the concubine selections as well as the scholar testing stuff. Mostly the concubine selection and being such an insignificant person in a harem. I'm about to scrap this
Secret Winter Story - This is the sequel to Secret Santa Story and I'm almost done with one pathhhhh. Writing
Steel and Glass - My first storygame here. I read back on it, cringing. Though I can't say my writing abilities have improved since then. Have they? Idk. I know my writing sense has gotten better, I think. I'll expand based on advise and personal cringement. Revising backburner
Temple of the Fae - This hugeass project is never going to get finished. That means its planned sequels won't either. Yay! :D Fuzzles
The Girl at the Airport - Unrealistic, so I probably will scrap. I'm about to scrap this
William - Coauthored with @MinnieKing :3 It's about, uh, a guy named William. Totally. Mew
I just realized I went through half my storygames in My Stuff. Lovely. Anyhow, yeahhhhh. :D
EndMaster’s Romance Story Contest on 2/3/2018 8:14:19 PM
Luckily I didn't say I was. :P
EndMaster’s Romance Story Contest on 1/25/2018 6:01:56 PM
Wait, I'm entered in? Crap. EM, please advise me on writing these, as you say, "atrocities". >:D
EndMaster’s Romance Story Contest on 1/24/2018 11:07:11 PM
Rip. *furiously plans out Bai Qiu Lian*