jamBuster, The Reader
the internet is s c a r y
god this is awful
Recent PostsSteve demands attention! on 4/21/2017 1:33:26 PM
It's really more of an emotional thing then anything else. If I were to ever need to have an abortion, I know that I would end up somewhat regretting it-- romanticizing the idea of having a child, and wondering about what that child may have become.
You're certainly right in saying that there's no point in potential, in this context. It's certainly not logical to think otherwise. However, when talking about my own morals (the point of this thread), logic isn't really seen as the most important thing. Personal feelings override it, in my case.
Which is stupid, I know. I'll just admit defeat now.
Steve demands attention! on 4/21/2017 1:21:39 PM
That's... lovely, but not relevant. You hypothetically having the ability to procreate isn't important-- but you not being cautious and using that ability to create some cells that could become a child, if not removed, is.
Steve demands attention! on 4/21/2017 1:17:06 PM
It's a copypasta, don't bother.
Steve demands attention! on 4/21/2017 1:00:38 PM
Even if it's not a child, you're still killing the potential that that clump of cells might have. You'll never get to know what it might become. It's not par with killing an actual human, certainly-- but it's fairly close.
Steve demands attention! on 4/21/2017 12:58:37 PM
Well, at least it's not an insult.
Steve demands attention! on 4/21/2017 12:47:50 PM
Babies? I was referring to unborn children. Actual babies shouldn't be killed, obviously. As for the cells being relevant, that's a whole other debate on it's own.
All that I meant to say was that abortion isn't exactly a black and white topic. Perhaps that wasn't entirely clear.
Steve demands attention! on 4/21/2017 12:19:32 PM
...Fuck it, I'll resign from my "lurker" status.
1. Politics: Honestly, I don't really agree with-- and this will sound incredibly stupid-- the mindset of either the Left or Right, although the Right is just a tad more entertaining. I suppose, if I was forced to choose, I would describe myself as Left-Leaning- though I'd never say it out loud.
2. To me, the main issue with abortion as a moral quandary is how blurred it is. If a women was raped, and is now pregnant, does she have the right to kill her child? What if she was just too careless to use the proper protection? Is the aforementioned child even a child, technically speaking? So, despite how illogical it might be, I'd only want to allow abortion under the proper circumstances-- although, I'm not sure as to how those would be decided.
3. Eugh-- I'm currently being raised in a "proper god-fearing household" (or, a Christian one), and am aiming to leave as soon as I graduate. I would currently say that I'm an agnostic, and would greatly enjoy answering with a 0. However, a person's upbringing is, generally, a rather large part of their life, and I really doubt that my bout of religion will just magically disappear one day. So, a 1 out of 5 would be more accurate.
4. I don't think that there's anything wrong with being LGBwhatever, or straight. As long as you're not harming anyone, I see no issue.
5. See the above answer-- and I'd really rather not have sex with Caitlyn Jenner, thank you.
6. haha i hate myself x
7. I really don't give a shit. Then again, I'm a Canadian, and our country seems to be a bit more lax with the whole immigration thing... Yay?
8. Oh, he's absolutely fucking hilarious-- I mean, he's insane, yes, but he's hilarious. Really, the entire election just seemed like a reality t.v show from this angle. Nonetheless, it's not unlikely that he's Satan's estranged second-cousin or something- so, a 3 out of 10 for the Trumpster.
9. So long as the majority isn't made up of the likes of ISIS-- something that is clearly the case-- I don't see any real problem. The entire thing with Islam seems rather blown out of proportion, despite any issues the religion may have.
10. "I have failed"
11. North Korea, Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and, finally, the United States of America.
12. Unless someone has committed Hitler-tier crimes, I see no reason to sentence them to the electric chair. Just give them life-sentence in maximum security, or something.
13. Dear god, I know next-to-nothing about guns. Just do a proper background check before selling them, and I can't see there being too many problems. People shouldn't be toting them around the local Walmart, though-- just allow them to be used as a last resort for protection.
14. I personally believe that Euthanasia should be allowed-- depending on who's on the receiving end, and their consent. Nonetheless, if someone's suffering from a bit of a cold (or, to be more precise, if they've still got other options, aside from living miserably), they should be restricted from going through the process. But, if not... It's the humane thing to do.
I just realized how much I tend to sit on the fence when it comes to controversial topics. Oh well.
oh god this was a mistake please don't hurt me