Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Remove the title section that appears on pages?

6 years ago
Is it possible to remove the title section (including the red lines) that appear on every page? If not I'll make do, but I'd prefer to just use custom page titles.

6 years ago
I'm confused. You asked if you can remove the title section, but then mentioned that you want to use custom page titles.

I guess I'll answer both: yes. If you are familiar with css and really, really want to make that part not appear, you can make that section invisible. But if you want custom page titles, you could do the same thing using css, making it as custom as you want (including the red lines). However, you are still going to have to have titles for pages when you are writing your story so you can tell one page from another.

6 years ago
Well, my custom page titles would consist of a large sized font centered on the page, preceded by some < p > < / p > 's to push it to the height I want it as. ;)

If I could just get rid of the red lines, I could probably use a font that is the same color as my page background, thus hiding the title on the page, but allowing me to see it in the editor.

Then, of course, I'd just type in my title and put it where I want it. Or even use a picture.

6 years ago
You could do that with css with padding and spacing and font sizing...

6 years ago
So removing the red lines, can you direct me to where I can read up on how to do that part? Also thanks for the reply. I will be doing some searches in the meantime.

6 years ago
The absolute simplest way here would be to add

.dark1border {visibility:hidden}

in some css. That will wipe out the entire title, red lines and all. There will be a blank space at the start of the page...

6 years ago

If you don't want that empty space, use display:none instead of visibility:hidden

6 years ago
crap, yeah, I completely forgot that one! Thanks, BradinDvorak!

6 years ago
I noticed your stories don't have them. :)

6 years ago
Yeah, I didn't want the blank spot, so I just worked with them and modified what was there to make it look how I wanted. :)

With stuff like this in a css section in my global script:

.dark1border {
border-top-width: 0px !important;
border-bottom-width: 0px !important;
margin-bottom: 30px !important;
}

6 years ago
My god thank you! That did it! I'm pretty okay with having the title of the page scroll away as you read (Just manually entering a title on the page), since I prefer a type of parallax where the words move over the picture anyway, so this should do fine. It works, so I really appreciate this help.

Note, all I did was this:

< style>body{ background: url(picture) center center / cover fixed; } . dark1border { visibility:hidden }

with pagetext and obviously minus the spaces and stuff.

6 years ago
Great, glad to help!

6 years ago
Here is the vibe I was going for.

The text scrolls over the picture. I much prefer just having a title as a part of the text than at the top. I can put it anywhere I want, and it won't interfere with things in the background image I want to be seen. Thanks again. This will improve the aesthetics of my stories so much.